Monday, August 8, 2016

Pokè What? Plus Pawlympic Links

Hello. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your concerned doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


It seems insanity has taken over the world! Our Jason human and lots of his friends and millions of humans all over the world have been playing a game called Pokèmon Go. I am at a loss to explain this game. Apparently they're supposed to catch mythical animals with their cell phones while running around city parks and recreation areas. 


These strange creatures all have funny names, and some kind of magical power they can use to fight with each other.


The most well-known  one is this yellow one that looks kind of like a squeaky toy.

Pikachu

But you have to have a special kind of ball thing in which you can catch and keep them in.


Sound crazy?


Our Florida associate Miss Charlee reported having one of these creatures appear in her own house!


Yipes!  That thing doesn't look too friendly! I'd probably want to catch it, give it a good shake, and then take it's squeaker out! But Miss Charlee says it's only a picture that shows up on your cell phone screen, and it's not really there!


Well, if it's not really there, then how do you catch it? That sounds very confusing to me! I think it's more fun to just run around the yard trying to catch real creatures. 

Oh oh. What's this I see?

It's a sneaky squirrel!

Who, me?

Zoom!

Now that was tons of fun! 


Oh, and talking about fun, don't forget to check out today's events at the Blogville Pawlympics games! Frankie and Ernie are hosting the hurdles, balance beam, and pole jumping events. We have links to the first two events. We'll add more links as we get them.



ANGEL JOEY DOG PICTURES

Joey dog munching on a pear one year ago. 

Joey puppy.


Please be sure to watch this video. It's gone viral and it very funny! Instead of the humans chasing the Pokèmon, the Pikachus are chasing the humans! 



22 comments:

  1. I agree with you my darling Chester...chasing squirrels is much more funs than chasing thingys that are bright yellow and....don't exist!?! Are our peeps mad or what?
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chester that Poke Go stuff is way over my pay grade too. Makes no sense whatsoever.
    BUTT you did a great job explaining the basics.
    Hugs to you madi your kitty friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good reporting Chester! I was wondering what that Pokemon game was all about. Now you've explained it and I see it's just another crazy thing that junior peeps can do! Looks like fun and it at least gets them outside. Me, I'd rather chase squirrels with you. Squirrels are real!
    Louis Dog Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have heard of so many people getting injured doing that pokeman hunt - we will stay way clear of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOW WOW, I don't get the Pokemon thing, too. I'd much rather chase down some tree rats! Oh, and those are such sweet pictures of Joey dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think squirrels are so much better to chase, and little kittens then those invisible thingys.....did you get our letter?
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're with you, Chester. Squirrels are a whole lot more fun to chase! We love the picture of Joey eating his pear♥ He can have all of the pears he wants @ Rainbow Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don;t understand it either. Of course if they made an app where we chased squirrels that would make total sense!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet sweet sweet shots of Joey:)

    Maybe they need to create a real live version of Pokemon Go for us dogs to catch squirrels and rabbits.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agrees, chasin' REAL critters is much more exciting...and TASTY TOO! BOL....almost got one todays...
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our pawrents are old farts and don't do any of that Pokèmon stuff. We much prefer chasing our nemesis the chipmunks in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We agree - chasing real things like squirrels is way more fun. We miss Joey too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Chester,

    I love your zoomie photo! Ojo ate a Snorlax the other day! Or perhaps it was a squirrel.

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those real squirrels look like lots more fun for sure! Kisses Angel Joey and a big cuddle to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. we don't understand the pokemon thing
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  16. We would much rather chase squirrels than imaginary creatures! The Pawlympics are great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We leave the Pokemon stuff to the humans...we'll stick to bunnies and squirrels!!
    Smileys!!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chester, the Pokèmon Go thingie confuses me too! Thanks for your explanation. So sad that little and big humans are so excited about a computer thingie when there is such a wonderful world of flowers and birdies and bugs and chaseables for them to explore! Last week in your post about the Double Homeland SecurityForce you mentioned that a young trainee associate might be joining you next summer. I need some wise counsel from your wise ghostwrite and Pawville friends. My precious Jolie Girl passed over the bridge the day before Joey dog and I am so lonely. Is it better to wait awhile before getting another puppy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about your loss, and you've asked a good question. While I'm not an authority on it, I received some good information from the funeral home we worked with. I'll present it in my next post.

      Delete
  19. We don't have squirrels here, and I'm always on a leash outside anywag. But we have birdies I'd love to get ahold of if I could! So I agree that it's silly fur hoomans to go around chasing things that aren't there. Thanks fur explaining the game, though. It's been furry confoosing to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our unfurbros are 'into' that pokemonGO thing too. Silly enough but they seem to get a hoot out of it for now. Soon enough something else will 'grab' them! Our petcretary doesn't have a 'smart phone'...maybe that is a good thing, BOL!

    Now squirrels and birds and rabbits and groundhogs!!? Yup we got those and other critters too...I still try to chase those out or catch them to shake them but of course I am a bit too wobbly to do more than scare them off...I did bark a helicopter out of my airspace yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete