Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Howling Wednesday

Greetings friends new and old! This is The Daily Bone and I'm your doggie correspondent 
Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


I've been waiting to see the moon for what seemed like ages. It's been up during the day, or else very late at night. But last night, even though it was cloudy, I got a glimpse of it. It looks like the sky will be clear tonight, so I intend to do some howling to my dearest Princess Leah. 


We've been so busy with the Pawlympics that we've hardly had any time for a good long talk on the moon phone! 

I'll be calling Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Which reminds me, today's Blogville Pawlympic event is Snuggling. Please check it out at:
margsanimals  I looked through the archives and found a photo of me and Joey dog having a snuggle back in April 2016. 


You know, during his last weeks of his life, he started to always want to snuggle next to ghostwriter. He could no longer jump up onto the couch, so Dad would pick him up and put him there. We didn't think much about it at the time. But now we think he knew he wouldn't be around much longer, so he got in all the snuggling he could before he left us for the Rainbow Bridge. 






Oh, and guess what? There was a big noisy howling dragon monster scary screaming machine truck driving around the neighborhood this morning. 


Wow! Was it ever loud!


I got in some good barking at that thing!






That's my job! 

14 comments:

  1. Lady says she thinks animals who are getting ready for the bridge know it and they prepare, it is the peeps who sometimes miss their cues. It is a very sweet snuggly picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chester, that is some pawsome barkin' dude! Good job! I do that with the UPS dudes...I'm tryin' to tell them to hurry up and bring in MY boxes, butts they are just too slooooooow.
    That is one adorable snuggly pic...{{{hugs}}}
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that is so sweet about Joey dog. He knew he needed to leave as much love behind as he could. We have seen the moon this week. Mom says the full moon makes us act wild:).

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you miss all the snuggling with Joey Dog.

    Come to think of it, I don't think we've had a moon for quite a while! It must be hiding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet that Joey got his snuggling in before he left
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joey was making sure you all had good snuggly memories to keep forever

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chester, good boy. You make sure that you tell that loud, sweeping thingly to go away. We think that Joey dog was telling your mom that it would be time to go soon. And he probably wanted to get in as much snuggle time as possible. But we all know that it'll ever be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great snuggle picture. We know our pawrents wish we had a sensitivity adjustment on our barking alarm too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love that Joey dog got lots of snuggles in before he left for the Bridge...
    Hugs!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aroo! I howl too! Sometimes...at sirens! And I bark...my head off says the petcretary. At fleas too...anything that disturbs my peace. or is out of place, like a downed tree branch, etc. WOOFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just adore the snuggling picture of you and Joey, Chester, and we also love, love, love the first one of you smiling pretty☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet snuggling picture :) We are sure Joey knew he needed to get his snuggles in. Way to keep that scary truck in check Chester!!! We are good at that too!
    Mazie and the Puffs

    ReplyDelete