Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Untouchable

Hello. This is The Daily Bone and I’m your heartsick doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel.

After the addition of a new squeaky toy to my collection yesterday, I decided it was time to do inventory. My ghostwriter took everything out of my storage facility for me to look at.


Indeed, I have a vast and wonderful collection; and I know each toy and who gave it to me. The squeakers and stuffings have all been removed, and all of them are well chewed. I have spent hours of contentment with these toys. 


But when I look up, I see this:




Isn't it beautiful? For some mysterious reason, nobody will ever take this enchanting, fluffy squeaky toy off its lofty shelf and give it to me! I’m certain it is in dire need of a squeaky-ectomy. 


No matter how much I serenade and bark and whine, it never comes down! 


Yes, I know my esteemed colleague Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel thinks I’m a weirdo.

A-woooooooooo! Bark bark bark! 

It's simply … untouchable! Now, if you'll excuse me, I’ll just have to retire to my doggie bed and sulk for a while. 

Harumph!

Joey dog here. Perhaps my woebegone associate should focus on more attainable goals, like samples of lunch: a delectable, juicy pear, and toasty grilled cheese sandwich. I am rarely disappointed. Yum.



16 comments:

  1. Chester we of the Hill want to THANK you fur the work you did on the Snow Freak Squeakectomies... We are Sure that one will NEVER multiply now... THAT is a HUGE relief to US...

    OMD buddy... that is an SUPERIOR collection of Well LOVED toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well be looked so uncomfortable with with those stiff plastic squeaky components crammed inside. Mr snowman looks much more relaxed now.

      Delete
  2. We think you are a hoarder like us
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some well loved toys for sure. Our mom has a whole bunch of cute stuffies on shelves - we never get to play with them - what gives?
    hugs
    Mr Bailey & Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Chester, that is so not fair! That is clearly meant for you, why can you not have it?: It looks wonderful for chewing on! Although, so does the grilled cheese sandwich. That's a tough one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We understand, Chester. There are a few beautiful untouchable Siberian huskies in that vast upstairs area that we are not allowed to approach. We must settle on our destuffed and dequeaked toys for entertainment .

    happy napping.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wait until the next earthquake - that stuffie will fly right down to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a mini you, so maybe they are saving it fur a spawsial time??

    Growlmy has some of those untouchables too...and I would truly love to make them more shakeable by destuffing them...esp the kitty ones, BOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I understand. There are some nifty stuffies on the mantle, that I cry about and never get to play with :(

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD, I SO understand! I try and try to gets Ma to gives me somethin' outta the bag full of TOYS in the garage! No amount of whinin' or barkin' makes her take it down off the shelf and dispense any treasures! So wrong.
    I'm afraid I agree with Joey...must keep our focus on attainable goals like snacks.....
    and margaritas! ☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. BOL funny, ones toys are never enough when there are other stuffies to be had. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of my toys have also suffered through the squeakectomy and stuffectomy surgeries. That is a pawsome selection of toys if I do say so myself.

    Did you get a piece of that cheese sandwich?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't get into my head why on earth your peep won't let you do a squeak-ectomy on the toy on the shelf. It just lay there waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Joey dog, I think that maybe you are the wise sage in the family :)

    ReplyDelete