Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Emergency Squeaky Toy Surgery!

Hello. This is a TDB news flash. I’m your ebullient doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel.


This afternoon my Jason human brought home a present for me! A squeaky toy! Wow! This toy had two separate squeakers inside of it, and was in serious condition. I set to work immediately to surgically remove these deadly squeaky components. It was touch and go there for a while, as a yum yum dinner commenced promptly after the gift giving. My erudite colleague Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel reprimanded me for neglecting my food watching duties, until he realized he would now be the sole recipient of any dropped morsels or left-overs whilst I remained focused on the surgery. 

Please hold all calls, nurse. This could take a while.


After about thirty minutes, I managed to extract the first malignant squeaky component. Wow that’s a relief! Now give me back my patient! This is not the time for photo ops! 


I will now proceed to excise the second and larger squeaky part. This could be dangerous. 

I have now exposed the tumor. Almost done and the patient is doing fine.

Success!

I'm pleased to announce the patient will make a full recovery.


True to its capricious squeaky toy nature, the rolly-roundy squeaky component, once removed from its victim, immediately retreated under the nearest chair! 


Both patient and doctor will now get some much needed rest. Don’t worry. My new and improved squeaky toy will be carefully guarded and inducted into my storage facility with the rest of my beloved, cherished, and raggedy toys. 


14 comments:

  1. BOL, Chester - great way to deal with those squeakers. We are going to have to try your technique with the Momster next time we get one of those squeakie stuffies around here. She just doesn't understand that we HAVE to remove those squeakers.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOL...all this time we have been reprimanding Jakey and now we realize he was performing squeakeqitomies!!! Than you so much for clearing that up Chester!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOL!!! OMD, Chester, I was hangin' on the edge of my puter chair!! That was some surgical procedure you performed there! I am mighty impressed at your tenaciousness ... are you sure you're not part terrier?! ☺
    Nows, get some rest...I'm sure there will be more victims..um, I mean, TOYS to 'fix' soon!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are impressed at your surgery skills!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey & Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crikey ..... s'pose we have to call you Doctor Chester from now on, aye??

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD! I like to use my surgically sharp incisors to do squeaker removals too...but then I also remove all the guts, so that all that is left is skin, BOL!
    I do not know why growlmy doesn't like the guts spilled all over the floor...it is evidence of a job well done in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done Chester, precision surgery there! Almost keyhole in quality !
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at Julie's comment and we could not haver put it better. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the second photo the second photo is adorable, I love it, you holding that snowman stuffie in your mouth is just too cute, I do like your stuffie killing skills, poor snowman never saw it coming! Love and Licks From your furiend Frank xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dogtor CHESTER to the Rescue. BRAVO... Well Done... WE are very much PROUD of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank goodness for ER nurses
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe it looks like Vaks's crab. Not only has he removed the squeaky part, but also all the stuffing inside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Chester, that is some hard work! And you had to forego dinner to finish it! OH MY!

    ReplyDelete