Friday, December 26, 2014

Date With a Princess

Hello. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your suave and sophisticated doggie correspondent 
Chester L. W. Spaniel.


Tonight I am going to a doggie blog party with Princess Leah! I have never gone to a doggie blog party before and I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do. I looked at some of my doggie blog friends, and they were all dressed up in fancy clothes and driving around in horse-drawn carriages and stuff. My ghostwriter doesn't know how to do all those cool photo shop things, so was a loss about it. But then my Jason human came home and saved the day. He had a formal black bow tie for me to wear. Next, getting me to hold still for a special picture.

Next, I have to take a crash course on how to act around a real Princess. The last princess I ever met was our Miss Ginger dog, AKA Princess Poo Poo!



Wow! She was quite the regal princess. We miss her every day since she went to doggie heaven in 2010. Hopefully she, and our Patron Saint Old Miss Charisma are both looking down on me from doggie heaven and wishing me luck.

The next thing I should do get Princess Leah a present. I don't have any money to buy a present. My esteemed colleague Joseph (Joey dog) Stephens said chewed up old squeaky toys aren't legal tender. He's also pretty sure a real Princess wouldn't want any of my battered squeaky toys either. Besides, how can I send a last-minute present all the way to the UK in time for the party. But I happened to look out the window before the sun went down and this is what I saw:


So this is my present to Princess Leah: the moon. I'm sure you'll see it if you look up. Oh, and one more thing: my favorite miniature human, Ryan, has agreed to be our chauffeur. We'll be riding in his brand new intergalactic tricycle space ship. Hooray!


So I guess I'm finally ready to go. See you there Princess Leah! 



16 comments:

  1. Chester, you look quite dashing for your big date! Princess Leah will swoon when she sees you.
    Our mom doesn't know how to do any of that photo shop stuff either. That's why we stay pretty quiet on this blog thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey Chester ..... I keep leaving comments on your blog and they keep disappearing. I don't know what's going on. I can't remember what I said now but you and the Princess sure made a great couple. I hope you had a great time at the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you're having a problem, Charlie. Every once in a while the internet acts weird. Sometimes our cable connection disappears too and we have to reboot it. We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and you and your family have a wonderful New Year!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Chester and Joey ...... I did have a wonderful Christmas. It's a great time of year, aye??

      Delete
  3. Hey Chester! Hope you had a swell time at Dory's party! We think you look handsome in your bow tie! Our Assistant isn't good with the photoshop thingy either, but someone is always willing to help out. That's what Blogville is all about! If you send your pic "in the fur" they will dress you up for the party. She has been working with stickers, and they're good, too! We missed out on a great Halloween party because we didn't have anything to wear. We like dressing up, but either way, we always have a great time!

    Waggies,
    Braeden, Seth and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Princess Leah were quite the good looking couple at Dory's party! You did great!
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope you had a good time...Princess Leah looked really happy last time I saw her!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, the Birthday Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hosting that fabulous party, Dory! What a lot of fun I had, and Princess Leah was absolutely stunning in her tiara! Happy birthday to you! Hope you and your whole family have a wonderful New Year too!

      Delete
  6. You and Leah made such a cute couple!! So glad to see you at the pawty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chester, you look great and we're sure that Princess Leah will be very happy to see you there. Cheers, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With that bowtie and all your bestest dogness, you and your princess will be a real hit...or were...ahem, I am furry behind this day...and I did not get to attend at all, other than to leave a message about the pawrty!

    Hope it was all you wished it to be! Love the intergalactic travel machine, too...as well as the pilot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you look handsome in your bow tie, Chester! Have a great time with Leah!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chester you did everythingy JUST RIGHT.... and you were a Pawfect Gentleman at the Pawty... You showed Princess Leah a Super good time... even Dancing and stuffs... and WE think you made a GRAND Couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMD Chester, you are soooooo handsome, I think I might faint with happiness! Oh I am a very, very lucky Princess to have a date that's as pawsome as you!
    And the moon, I still stare and stare (and maybe howl a bit!) at the moon forevers and think of you
    Chester, you is the most pawfect partner for this (spoilt) Princess
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah (blush, blush!)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope there will be chaperones
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete