Saturday, December 13, 2014

More Fun in the Snow

Hello one and all! This is The Daily Bone and I’m your athletic doggie reporter
Chester L. W. Spaniel. 

I'm running in the snow!

My active associate Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel likes to run in the snow too, even though he is getting on in years. 


According to the weather report, it’s going to warm up and most of this snow will melt. So we’re going to enjoy it while we can! 

Here’s how to give yourself a snow facial: 

1. Find a pile of soft, fresh snow and stick your face in it. 

2. Sniff around and find a scent to follow.

3. Keep going until you either bump into something, or find a mousie. 

4. Come up for air. Enjoy the cool, tingly feeling of the ice cold snow! 

WoooooHooooo!

On patrol.

No squirrels here!

Anybunny in there? 

Bye bye geese!

Race ya!

Nap time.

13 comments:

  1. Crikey ...... I'm sooooooooooo envious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I !!!!! OMD, I would loves some snow!!! That fluffy face-plant looks like fun!! I would loves to mouse hunt like that! Do some snow zoomies for me, huh?!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your snow! It wuz 70 here, so no snows for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow!!! You've got snow AGAIN! I wants some snow to play in. That snow facial looks like so much funs!
    Pawfect for a Princess's complexion don't you finks?
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL dudes snow much fun. Have a serene and easy Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love snow facials and pushing the snow with our faces! It's so much fun!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. We haven't got any snow over here yet. We must wait for the snow facials.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For one minute there I thought you were a pair of Huskies
    Luvs Freya Rose Blossom X

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been so mild here, most of my snow has melted. I love snow facials and digging snow tunnels. Oh, I have a red squirrel that is driving me crazy here. Do you think I could some pointers on catching that critter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMD you two DO love the Snow... We like your Face Planting... We admit that we have done that too...
    Sorry to hear that it is going to melt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will stick my schnooter in a snow pile only if I think there will be a prize in there...or its a good deer or other varmint paw-print.

    You dudes sure have a lot of snowy fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But how would you know unless you stick your nose in the snow? Incidentally, that particular spot is well traveled by mousies and shrews. There's always something hiding under the ramp to the shed! Little critters like to sneak around in the compost too, especially since we dumped all the gourds in there, plus seeds and innards from the butternut squash we ate for dinner the other day.

      Delete
  12. I don't truly know why, but when I *see* tracks, I will follow them with my schnooter.
    I do use my eyes as much as my nose esp if it means I can sty dry or not get snowy, BOL!

    Maybe its also because I have a lot less fur coat than you do!

    I do like to hunt in our wood pile though, there are all kinds of interesting smells and sometimes varmints in there.

    ReplyDelete