Sunday, December 28, 2014

Nothing to Report Today

Good evening. This is The Daily Bone and I’m your doggie host Chester L. W. Spaniel.


Today I was a bit worried that I’d have nothing to report. I mean, what could top my going to a party with a real princess? Maybe there will be a Valentine’s Day party to go to …


Whilst I was daydreaming, I heard the buzzing sound, and found this in the bathroom sink: a stink bug! It must have thought spring was here because the weather’s been so mild the past couple days. Maybe it was hibernating inside the ceiling vent. Take it from me: don’t mess with stink bugs. They’re called that for a reason! 


Later on, my ghost writer went out to do a bit of shopping. She picked up her order from the uniform store, and was surprised to see lots of crows flying by. She drove to the other side of the buildings and found their secret hide-out! It was like the country club for crows! 


She drove around the bend and found out they were there for a reason: they had found the mother lode of all dumpsters behind this restaurant! 


Since she was in the area, she decided to check the mall parking lot to see if that was where all the silly geese were going. You know, the ones that are always flying over in every direction but south? 


Surprise! 



Well, that was nice! 


But there is still one more thing I have to do, and I have to wait till it gets dark. 


Is it dark out yet? What’s taking so long? 


7pm … Finally! There it is! It’s shrouded in clouds, and you can’t tell from the picture, but it’s a perfect half moon. Here it looks like some mysterious monsters are trying to catch it. I wonder if a certain princess saw it too? 



Sleepy time!


8 comments:

  1. I think ya's smitten wif dat princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey Chester ....... you've got it REAL bad, mate!! I hope you survive. She's very young you know. She has a lot to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We see a lot of those stink bugs at our house too and boy do they ever stink, Chester!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hate those STINKY Bugs... and the type of Lady Bugs that Stink TOO... we get like 87 BAZILLION of both of them at our house... Steer Clear...
    OMD we are SURE that there will be a Valentine's Pawty... SOMEWHERE in Blogville... Last year Mayoress Madi put on the Queen of ♥ Hearts ♥ ball..... so SOMEBUDDY WILL come up with SOMETHINGY this year... and you can be SURE to take your PRINCESS, complete with Tiara... Vaaaaah Vaaah Va VOOM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those stinky bugs better stop trespassing in your house. We think mom went out to chase birdies
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did have an unfortunate incident with a stinky bug, I agree with you Chester, they are very aptly named!
    Glad to see our (shared) ducks have a very nice pond to go to your side of the 'Pond', I see them up at St Albans, thats the posh end of town!
    It's starting to get dark here now Chester so I'll be out to see OUR moon as soon as its out!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea not to mess with that stink bug! There are a lot of birds around your Mom! Did you tell the Princess goodnight?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're in love!! BOL!

    Don't let that stink bug put the kabosh on it...

    You got growlmy humming the tune from Dvorak's opera...the tune is Oh Lovely Moon...its a beautiful love duet!

    ReplyDelete