Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Capricious Tennis Balls

Hi squeaky toy fans! This is The Daily Bone and I’m your playful doggie host Chester L. W. Spaniel, chairman of the Squeaky Party.


I recently received a great number of tennis balls all at the same time! Wow! I was so happy I didn’t know which one to play with first. There’s nothing more fun than chasing a tennis ball. These are proper tennis balls too. Even after hours of chewing and slobbering, they are all still in good shape. I was overcome with joy and fun and running around and playing and catching and carrying and bouncing and … hooray!

This is the best day ever! 

You throw it and I'll catch  

However, it wasn’t long before the evil nature of tennis balls were revealed. 


Unlike those big Labrador retriever doggies, I can only fit one tennis ball in my mouth at a time. That’s a bit of a problem if I see them all going in different directions, or if I want to pick up two or more, and I can’t decide which one to take first. But that is at least manageable, and just takes a little planning. 


Next, I discovered that these tennis balls have a mind of their own. They’re always trying to roll themselves under the furniture where I can’t reach them. 


Arrrrgggh! My unperturbed colleague Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel remains disinterested in these capricious tennis balls, and is absolutely no help in either minding them for me, or helping to get them out of their hiding places.  

You see? Totally blasé! 

My humans are getting rather tired of constantly moving furniture for me so I can catch those silly tennis balls. 

Um, a little help please.

My humans tried to help by putting all of the tennis balls into my squeaky toy storage facility, with the rest of my precious play things. But none of these amazing tennis balls are chewed up enough to qualify for sequestration and retirement. Plus I can’t stop playing with them! What a dilemma! If anybody has any suggestions as to how to better manage a bunch of tennis balls, please let me know. Having this abundance has worn me out! I’m going to take a nap now. But when I wake up, tennis balls beware! 

Snoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment