Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hero Doggies, Speeches, Toxic Yum Yums, and Lilacs

Hello friends and doggies everywhere! This is The Daily Bone and I’m your well-informed doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel along with my guest commentator Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel.




We just received the June issue of the National Geographic magazine, and were pleasantly surprised. On the cover was a doggie! Not just any doggie, but a very brave and honorable doggie who served in the military in Afghanistan. In fact, there was an entire article featuring several of these heroic doggies and their trainers and handlers, and the dangerous situations they experienced.  Joey dog and I cannot imagine a more scary thing than a bomb, yet these doggies were sniffing them out and saving lives by doing so. What a great tribute for all of doggie-kind!


In other news, once again, I would like to recommend that my humans purchase a video camera so that they can record my speeches. I was making a good speech about squeaky toys yesterday and this is how it looked: 

bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark

bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark 

bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark

bloblebloblebloblebloblebloblebloblebloblebloble! 

I mean, seriously, how can I become a famous Squeaky Party representative if I look like that? 

And now Joey dog would like to present an important yum yum related public service announcement:



May I have your attention please. As Doggie Chief Inspector, Comestibles Division, and founder of the Yum Yum Coalition, it is my duty to keep you updated with vitally important doggie yum yum health and safety issues. It has been discovered that some types of doggie treats might contain substances that are unhealthy or even deadly to doggies! Below is a link to an article with the details of what these toxins might be and which treats to avoid. Fortunately our humans usually only buy us Milkbone Marro Treats because most other ones make my allergies flare up, and I get all itchy. I might also remind you that doggies love vegetables. In fact, Chester and I have a penchant for raw brussels sprouts, snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots; and I might add, these are good for Chester's figure. Don't tell him I said that. 






Oh, and due to our ghost writer working so many hours at the nursing home recently, we forgot to mention that the Lilac Festival had been going on all last week. This is a yearly week-long festival in Rochester NY—that’s why Rochester is called the Flower City—which features the wonderful lilac bushes at Highland Park, plus art, crafts, food, and music. It seems, though, that every year it rains for almost that entire week! This year was no exception. Despite the weather, people come from far and wide. Fortunately, we have our own lilac bush in our yard so we don’t have to travel anywhere to enjoy the flowers. 

1 comment:

  1. Bravo to all the service dogs we say. LOL there is nothing like a good bark fest. We agree one has to be careful purchasing treats as there have been some fatal cases of poisoning over here particularly cheap treats from China. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete