Saturday, February 7, 2015

Tennis Anyone?

Hello everyone. This is The Daily Bone and I’m your sporty doggie commentator Chester L. W. Stephens.


As you can see, I have a tennis ball. In fact I own several tennis balls, but unfortunately I can only carry one at a time. The humans play a special game using tennis balls and something called a racket, and they play on a special area called a court. They use the racket things to hit the ball back and forth across a net, but nobody ever catches the ball and runs away with it. That seems kind of futile to me, so I’ve made up my own rules for playing tennis. Here they are:

Most importantly, the tennis ball is always mine. I enjoy running after the tennis ball if you throw it, but only one or two times. After that I will take my tennis ball and walk away with it.


I usually hide my tennis ball under the furniture until I think it’s time to get it out. The humans must stop whatever they’re doing and move the furniture so I can get my tennis ball out from underneath. I will continue to bark at it until they do so. Last and most important, the tennis ball is always mine! Any questions?





This comic reminds me of a certain someone …




15 comments:

  1. Crikey Chester and Joey ...... first off I gotta say a big THANKS for the birthday wishes. That was so nice of you. I love you blokes too. You are the best!! I DID get some icecream but none of those rib things you mentioned. I had a good day and couldn't complain about no party cause our Nan (Mum's Mum and 96) wasn't too good and we had to go visit.
    I reckon your idea of tennis is much more sensible than the rules the peeps play by. My Mum and Dad play that tennis game. They met on a tennis court so I guess I gotta be grateful for the game of tennis, aye??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. But the tennis ball is still mine! We're glad the day turned out all right for you after all, Charlie.

      We hope Nan will be OK. The nursing home where Mom works has a few people who are over 100 years old! Can you believe it??? She says that when she became a nurse in 1981, hardly anybody lived past 75 or 80. The oldest person she ever took care of was 104.

      Oh and don't forget, the tennis ball is always mine!

      Delete
    2. Yeah. But the tennis ball is still mine! We're glad the day turned out all right for you after all, Charlie.

      We hope Nan will be OK. The nursing home where Mom works has a few people who are over 100 years old! Can you believe it??? She says that when she became a nurse in 1981, hardly anybody lived past 75 or 80. The oldest person she ever took care of was 104.

      Oh and don't forget, the tennis ball is always mine!

      Delete
  2. We agree great game plan and enjoy and remember got to keep the staff on their toes. Have a serene and easy Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thingy hiding tennis balls under furniture and then DEMANDING furniture removals so I can get to it! Great game.
    I hear Dad's making meatloaf…sounds yummy…any spare for a little Princess ?
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, Chester! I whine until my peeps stop what they're doing and help me out when my tennis ball gets stuck under the stoopid sofa! We have them trained REAL good, don't we!

    Love ya lots♥
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chester... we like those RACKET Balls... MUCH better than Tennis Balls... you should have your peeps give you one to try... they LAST a LOT longer than Tennis balls... and No Fuzz...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray fur good games of doggy tennis.
    I defur those fuzzy balls, BOL! Then fur sure they will be only *mine*!

    If I hide one fur safekeeping under something, I dig when I try to fetch it back, OMD, that makes my peeps annoyed...

    Woofs!

    (We had a lady in our nursing home who was well past her 105th birthday. And we have a few now who are already over 100,Wow!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lady in grammy's nursing home that just turned 108! Mentally, she is as sharp as a tack, just having a few mobility issues. She has a pawsome sense of humor!

      Delete
  7. Momma won't get me tennis balls anymore because I insist on skinning them and then I ignore them!

    Doggie tennis does sound like fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my I LOVE my tennis ball too! Wanna play? Barks and licks and love, Dakota www.dakotasden.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Balls are the best!!! I love Balls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey you are a (ball) retriever LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We like your ball rules :) No one plays with balls here and it makes Mom sad since Oskar loved his tennis balls too.

    ReplyDelete