Thursday, February 26, 2015

Holy Smokes!

This is a TDB News Flash. I'm your stunned doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel.


Ghostwriter showed us some pictures of the roads yesterday. I thought I'd seen just about everything that had to do with snow this winter, but apparently I was wrong. Look at these big, giant snow banks along the side of the road. They're smoking!




What's more, our icicles, that were once long and mighty, are shrinking. Not melting, but shrinking!


Here's how these same icicles looked a week ago: 


I was relieved to find out that the smoking snow wasn't actually smoking. The high wind was picking loose flakes up and blowing them around. And the icicles were literally evaporating. For you science geeks out there, this is called sublimation.


I took a look at the weather forecasts. It's supposed to get warm by Monday. Oh no! I'm not ready to lose all my wonderful snow yet! I'd better get out there and do some more snow shnoodling!







Psst. Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel here.

You know for a supposedly observant news reporter, my fustian colleague misses a lot. While he was shnoodling around in the snow, I was sitting patiently, and waiting for the yum yum treat that is required according to the Yum Yum Coalition Guide Book for doggies who plod through the cold snow for the purpose of photographs.

Yum yum? Did you say yum yum? 

Harumph!

To conclude today's report, here is what I saw when I looked out the window a few minutes ago: 



Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

10 comments:

  1. We hope you can keep your snow for a while longer - it seems too early for winter to be done. Now if only the weather gut can be right this time - he says our best chance for a REAL snowstorm is this weekend. Let's see how smart he is (or isn't).

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is that a squirrel? Did you catch it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be a lot more interested in da yum yum treat dan da snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get that squirrel Chester!!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crikey Chester ..... you mightn't be ready for all that snow to disappear but I bet EVERYONE else at your house is, aye??
    Sublimation ....... that's interesting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD, yum yum treaties AND snow??!!! You guys are SO lucky!!!!! Hey Chester, do some shnoodlin' for me, okays? Man that looks like funs!!! And Joey, gets some extra yum yums for me..I thinks you've been ripped off! Not enough yum yums, I say!! ☺
    nows....GET THAT TREE RAT!!!!!!! remember ~ shaky, shaky!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was that a squirrel snow shnoodling? Go get him Chester!
    Take care on those roads Mom, they've made my Mum a gibbering wreck, no way would you get her driving on them!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx
    PeeS Psst, Chester, don't you think I looks really clevers in my glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMD SQUIRREL go for it. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grab that squirrel by his bushy tail, Chester!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowee! Nature and science sure are interesting!

    Nature, esp those squirrel dudes that like to pester you as soon as you get inside...BOL!

    ReplyDelete