Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Strange Thing Happened …

Good morning. This is The daily Bone and I'm your steady, strong , and healthy doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


A strange thing happened to me last night. I personally don't remember it, but ghostwriter says it looked like I had a seizure (whatever that it.) She said I got all stiff and shaky, but didn't fall asleep or anything. It was gone in a couple minutes, and I've been perfectly normal since then. I have never had anything like that before. Ghostwriter and Dad are wondering if I got bitten by a shrew. As you know, I've been doing a lot of shnoodling in the snow lately, and there are lots of shrews in my yard. Shrews have venomous saliva. But no one can find any bite marks on me.

So I had to go to the vet this morning and get all poked and prodded. I was due for some routine shots and blood tests anyway. Bleah! I am still perfectly fine! We decided we're just going to watch and see if it happens again. Oh, and I got lots of liver snacks there at the vet for my trouble!

Hiding under Dad's seat in the exam room. 

So, enough about me! It's still cold cold cold out! 1º right now, with the sun shining! 
Check out the headlines from yesterday's paper! Wow! 




Now for some sad news: according to the weather forecast, it's supposed to get warm and rain by the end of next week. All our wonderful snow will surely melt. 

(Good!)

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. Hooray! Next comes mud season! 


Meanwhile, as you can see, I'm still fine, and I'm back to work at my look-out post. My esteemed colleague Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel is back at his food-watching post. 

Perogies and steamed vegetables. Yum. 

Still OK. 































14 comments:

  1. Oh my darling Chester, don't you go getting poorly sweetheart! Oh, oh, my heart is all a flutter now, my big strong Chester, you keep away from them nasty shrew thingys! If you're short of liver treats I'll send you some, don't panic the peeps and me in to taking you to the Vet.
    Are you SURE you're okay my big brave boy???? Oh I is soooo worried now
    Luffs and healing hugs to you my darling, its dark here now and I'm going outside to *sigh* at Chester's moon
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting the rains too and we're not happy about it either. We hope you're okay, Chester. At least you got some liver treats!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD I got liver cake too over here too. Mega score. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shur hope yu keep strong an healthy!
    Mud season! Yay! An how 'bout when it dries up an yu can roll in the dry grass? That feels So good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD OMD OMD CHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!! You can NOT be having visits from the Seizure Monster.... we won't stand fur it..
    Now JOEY... we are WITH YOU when it comes to the Snow stuffs..... let's get it OUTTA HERE and BRING on MUD season.... Mud is the New Black !!!! MUD is our Favorite COLOR...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Fellas...... WE don't have your EMAIL ADDY... and we need THAT and what Ever you need to be send to you fur BOYZ Day/Night Out... frankiefurterprice(at)gmail.com THANKS...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crikey Chester ..... take it easy, mate ...... don't go scarin' everyone like that. Your Princess was all a flutter. Have a few indoor days, aye?? No more schnoodlin' for a while. Our Lucy had those seizure things and, believe me, they are not good things to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our brother Bilbo had the seizure monster visit him for a few years...the Vets and Mama never found out why, or what caused it....We hope that monster never bothers you again!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor guy - I hope it was a one of a kind thing and perhaps just a reaction to all that yummy food you have in your house.. Paws and kisses to you both.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes! Seizure monsters are no good and need to stay away.
    POTP fur them not to return, evfur.

    And be carefur when the snow starts to melt, the varmints underneath it will start to wake up...
    Meanwhile enjoy the views!

    Woofs!
    Um...we are getting more snow according to that man with a big map and pictures of clouds and junk...growlmy just finished getting rid of a lot of icy mess on my sidewalks ...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH CHESTER!!!!! OMD, I am surely glads you are feelin' okays now, butts that musta been REALLY scary for your peeps!!! I am keepin' my paws crossed that it was just a 'one and done' and no more of those scary seizure thingies will come to haunt you again!
    In the mean time, do some more snow zoomies and shnoodling for me, okay...I gots to live vicariously through you! ☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chester, those seizures are huge mysteries. Ciara has them and we still haven't figured out what causes them. There is a chance they are related to her thyroid levels going all wacky, but no test can tell us for sure. We hope yours was a one and done time. They can be very scary to watch. Stay well, pal.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness we are keeping all our feets crossed for you. We don't want any seizure monsters around
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dat seesure don't sound like no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete