Monday, February 2, 2015

But I Had A Great Time!

Hello. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your effervescent doggie reporter Chester L. W. Stephens.


Wow! We got a lot of snow! It started yesterday afternoon, and kept up all night and through the day today. It's still falling lightly right now, and it's getting colder. 

I had a great time running through the deep snow! 


I don't think my esteemed colleague Joseph (Joey dog) Stephens was very happy about it. He kind of moped around and did his business and then went back inside.
Maybe it's a bit too cold for his old bones. 


But I had a great time snow swimming! 


I don't think my ghostwriter liked it. She had to drive home from work in it last night at 11:30pm and the roads were not plowed and she couldn't drive faster then 20mph without slipping and sliding. She said it was like being inside a snow globe thing. If she turned the high beams on, it was blinding. (Whatever that means.) 

But I ran all over the yard in the wonderful snow! 


Dad was a bit grumpy because it was his birthday and he had to shovel the driveway. 


But I enjoyed leaping through all the nice fluffy snow! 


My Jason human was grumpy in general today and didn't take me for a walk. Instead he shoveled the bottom part of the driveway at 6am and then went to work.

But I got lots of exercise frolicking in the fantastic, terrific, stupendous snow! 


The squirrel wasn't very happy because he didn't get a chance to raid the bird feeder. 

But I was more than happy to chase him completely out of our yard. 


I heard a certain ground hog was not happy to see his shadow, and neither were lots of people who now believe this winter will last a longer time!

Hooray! That means even more snow! 


Seriously, I don't understand what's wrong with snow. 


16 comments:

  1. Dear Chester,

    I do not know what is wrong with snow either! I LOVE it! But we do not have any. Could you send us some? Pretty please with a bone on top?

    Licks,
    Cobi

    Pee Ess Your ears go crazy in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Dad
    We got another 87 flakes last night, I got all white on my walkies, we didn't go far but I finks snow swimming looks like great funs Chester!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ears are like wings in sme of those fun ouctures!

    Your snow is...well, a lot like mine, BOL! We got about 13 or 14 inches maybe more. 8-1/2 + 5-1/2 + 3 = 17, OMD!
    You can have ours too, send a truck and we'll fill it fur ya....

    I gave up trying to walk in it, let alone run...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should read...Your ears are like wings in some of those fun pictures! Its Chester the Flying Spaniel!

      Delete
  4. Dat cold stuff are tuff when ya gets old.

    Happy birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flapping ears. Have fun in the white stuff. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow swimming is a brilliant way to put it, Chester! We can't wait to go snow swimming in our new foot of snow! yippeeeeeeeee

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow might just be best if you are a dog...

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's a lot of snow.. A weenie pup would probably be buried in it. Sure glad it doesn't snow where I live... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WE are like Joey.... we HATE snow... butt we are glad that YOU are enjoying it Chester...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how we wish we were there too - can you send us directions and we will try to snag the keys to the Highlander.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are so jealous. Look at those floppy flying ears
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my dogness, that is a lot of snow! Usually my yard looks like yours, but not this year. Not yet anyway. Stay warm and tell daddy not to work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, we have snow too now, and I love it. Even Vaks love to run around in the snow yeahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go Chester!!! You are a "glass half full" type guy if we ever saw one!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chester you silly boy! You and my Oskar would have gotten along fantastic! He was a Samoyed and adored the snow too. Your pictures reminded me of him and gave me a happy heart. Thank you :)
    Marty's Mom

    ReplyDelete