Monday, November 24, 2014

Birdie Watching

Hello. This is the Daily Bone and I'm your observant doggie correspondent Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


There's a contest going on at Blogville, and we should post pictures of birdies. We love birdies! We have lots of birdie pictures too! Here they are: 

First up is Crazy Bird the angry red cardinal. For several weeks in Fall 2013, Crazy Bird battled his reflection in the windows of our house. We tried putting pictures in the windows to scare him away, and I barked at him, but it didn't help. He also attacked the rear view mirrors on the cars in the driveway and left poopies all over them. 


Next we have the blue jay who likes to eat peanuts we put outside for them. 


I'm at my look-out post here.

They're in the feeder while I'm outside. What cheeky jays!

Here is our most common birdie feeder visitor: the house sparrow. 


A flock of ducks visited our next door neighbor's yard last spring. 


When my ghostwriter went to Florida last month, she took pictures of all kinds of birdies. 

Ibis

Spoonbills

Flamingos

Galinule

Jet Birdies

In keeping with the season, here's a picture I got from our good friend Pat and her kitty cat Tricky. 

Raelin's Turkey Squad

Finally, here's my personal favorite: the whirley birdie! 


Oh, I almost forgot. Here are Jessy's birdies! 



Squatty Dingledoody the baby grackle I caught last spring. (Mom let it go.)

And last but not least, the baby robins from the nest in front of our house in May of 2013.



8 comments:

  1. those are some pawsome birdies you found

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some good looking birdies you have flying around there
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birdies!! Love the metallic colored ones, BOL!

    Growlmy has some birdie pics...hmmm...she is working, no time to hunt them out of her stash of pics...

    Its really windy here, snow to come later, OMD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoah...those are some very cool birdies!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I luffs your pretty red birdie.
    That tin budgie has a nest up the road from me !
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is a nest of those tin budgies (I like that name!) at the airport that's just a few miles west of us! We love the red cardinals too, even though they get a bit crazy sometimes.

      Delete
  6. What great birdie pictures, Chester! We bet those spoonbills can really pile in the food!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man you had lots of pawsome birdie pictures! Your Mom did good :)

    ReplyDelete