Thursday, August 21, 2014

Octopus Balls

Hello friends and gastropods (oops, I mean gastronomes) everywhere! This is The Daily Bone and I’m your culinary doggie reporter Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel.


Yesterday our humans went out for dinner to their favorite Japanese restaurant and we doggies had to sit at home and mope until they got back. However, they took pictures of their food and brought samples for me and my colleague Chester L. W. Spaniel to try.

Hibachi Steak
Miso Soup
Bento Box 
Tako Yaki
Tako Yaki??!! What the heck is that? Well, after a bit of research I found out these are little balls with octopus inside; literally, octopus balls. Octopus are a type of mollusk. Their relatives include cuttlefish, squid, clams, mussels, scallops, oysters, slugs and snails. In my twelve years of epicurean experience, I have never found mollusks to be very tasty. In fact I can’t stand clams! Chester and I both hate slugs. Bleah! While these tako yaki smelled delicious, I didn’t want to risk biting into an octopus tentacle. However, I will not pass judgement on my humans. Everybody has something they don't like. So, in that spirit, I'd like to present a couple of videos and a link to the restaurant website. You can decide if you feel like eating tako yaki. 

                           

                           


Oh, and Chester tells me that our doggie blog, The Daily Bone, has been nominated for an award! Wow! Our ghostwriter has to go to work soon, so we only had time for a short article today. But tomorrow, she promises, she has a day off and will devote the appropriate amount of time and loving care to responding to this considerable honor. Thank you, good friends and doggies, and kitties too,  for reading and enjoying The Daily Bone!

9 comments:

  1. Eeuuwww!
    Growlmy wouldn't like those either...
    And now she too is off to work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum except for the slug things. Don't think we would like those. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slugs are SLIMY... We don't think we would like Octopus Balls ... AT ALL. Give us some nice Beef or Chicken.
    CONGRATULATIONS on your big award!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, no thanks on those octopus balls. But that cooker guy sure wuz good at makin em. Wunner whut the white stuff wuz that got squiggled on at the end? Looked like powdered sugar fur cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I's never tried octopus balls, I didn't even know dey had dem. BOL BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Octopus tastes GREAT!! My Mum hates it but Dad likes it and he's the cook in our house so he sometimes put occie in his recipes. Mum picks it out and gives it to me. Yum!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, lovely foodables, any chance of sharing ?
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting our doggie blog. We checked out yours and loved it. We always enjoy meeting a fellow spaniel.

      Delete