Saturday, January 20, 2018

Been Busy

Greetings friends and fans. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your dutiful doggie reporter 
Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


My humans have been very busy. Earlier this week ghostwriter and Dad left me home alone for a few hours while they went to visit our Oma, who is doing very well, and took her out for lunch with a few other family members. 


We've had some changeable weather lately. One minute it's sunny, and the next minute clouds are rolling in. But we're used to that around here in WNY.


A few days ago, we saw a halo around the sun! 


It warmed up, but we still have plenty of snow. We've had the usual visitors to our yard. 

Sid Starling

alias Twinkletoes

Harumph! I guess I'd better go chase him.

Bark bark bark bark bark bark bark!

Turned out there were three crummy, demented, craven, stinky, scraggly, rotten squirrels in my yard!

And stay out! 

Mostly this week ghostwriter has been sorting out her huge collection of non-squeaky toys that look like little people. I tell you, she had them spread out all over her office and the spare bedroom! It's a good thing I'm a good smart doggie and don't try to play with them. (I learned my lesson years ago when I was a pup and snatched one and played keep-away while ghostwriter chased me around the house. I never want to  make her that angry again!) She wanted to show a few pictures of her prized collection, so here's the motor cycle gang. She has my favorite super-hero, Ironing Board Man, keep an eye on them.


Here's a group with a couple doggies.


She spent hours and hours trying to figure out which dolls these teeny tiny purses belong to!


Needless to say, I did a lot of sleeping during that project! 


All was not lost, though. We did have some good yum yum meals this week. As you know, I always get some samples. Here we have spanakopitas, a Greek salad with dolmades, olives, and artichokes, with chicken that's been marinated in State Fair Spedie Sauce. Super yummy!


Chicken marsala with noodles and steamed vegetables. Fabulous!


Home made vegie beef soup with barley. Delicious!


Polish sausage, perogies, and green beans. Wow! 


Spaghetti and meatballs, with steamed vegetables. Yum yum!


Today we got some Chinese take-out food. Fantastic!


And last but not least, the last piece of Christmas stollen. No more until next year! 


That's about it for the last week. There was a nice sunset. 


Good night.



6 comments:

  1. The last piece of Stollen??? Sheesh, we can still get it at our Aldis, BOL! At least there was still some there last time petcretary was in there.
    Did she see a mini you on the couch with one of your GW's dolls?
    There seem to be as many dolls as petcretary has drummers (nutcrackers/soldiers with drums).

    Hope those squirrels soon figure out its not worth their effort in your yard!

    Woofs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom has lots of pretty dolls and my mom loves their tiny purses! Stollen is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have your work cut out for you with those pesky squirrels Chester. Our mom thinks those dolls are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoomans are a strange lot! Ghostwriter has her little non-squeaky people, and my mommy has her angels by the bazillions that come out at Christmastime, when we all know that the only things worth collecting are stuffies!! Silly hoomans...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a vole or mouse eating the bird seed the birds drop and Lady won't let us hunt it. Sigh! Why do people do boring projects around the house when they could rub our bellies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My momma has tons of dem toys dat ain't for pups too!

    ReplyDelete