Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Sludge Report 2

Hello. This is the Daily Bone and I'm your vigilant doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


Despite the persistently cold weather, our wonderful snow has been melting steadily. As you know, I have to have lots of mud ready by March 23 for the doggie blog "Guys Night Out" party. Each day I anxiously inspect my back yard for good honest mud, and submit the results in my Sludge Report. Due to some technical difficulties this weekend, I'm a bit behind in these reports. So please bear with me as I catch you up on my mud quest. 

Yesterday morning the snow cover looked like polka dots. 

Look at this sneaky squirrel! 

Bark bark bark bark bark woof woof woof woof bark bark bark bark bark! 

But I digress. By the end of the day, there was even more exposed lawn. The texture of it was like chopped spinach that had been frozen and then overcooked. Water squeezed up between my toes, but the ground was still frozen. No genuine, squishy mud yet! 

Today the snow was even more decimated. I stood at the window early this morning surveying my mushy domain. Although it looked warm and sunny out, there was a cold wind blasting through the tree tops. 

Scanning.

Hey, there's that pusillanimous squirrel again! 

Ghostwriter  had to leave for work just then, so I was not allowed out for a proper chase. I would have to wait for Dad to wake up. In the meantime, a good barking sent that corpulent, lily-livered squirrel packing! Now, you might ask if I found any nice, slimy, soft mud today. Dad is not as obsessive a photographer as ghostwriter, so I don't have any more pictures of my quest to show you right now.



Later …

Oh Chester? Do you know who made those muddy footprints on my chair? 

Yipes! 


12 comments:

  1. Uh....oh....Good news though, the mud season is in full swing!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I duzn't like gittin' muddy.... cuz it always leads to gittin' waterboarded 'round here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dat are one sassy skwerril to keep teasin y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was that squirrel searching for mud too Chester?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD your peeps must hate the sight of mud right now. Hope it dries out soon. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. That squirrel is taking a mighty big risk with you around Chester...see him off!!!
    I finks you have found that mud (blame Joey!) Alls going to plan for you mud baffing event!
    Love and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those footprints are a good clue that mud is on the way - won't be long now:)

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH the FURST Mud Prints of the Season!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee MUD is the New Black...
    MUD Glorious MUD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now how did that squirrel get into your house and make those prints on the sofa? You are innocent until proven guilty my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA HA! looks like someone found some mud!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crikey .....I've heard EVERYONE talking about the mud after the snow. Now I know what it means. Mum would kill me if I did that to HER leather chair!! She doesn't let me do MUD!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mud...we got it here...and most of our snow is gone, just where it was piled up, in mountains...now its a real dingy looking morass of icey grains...UGH, mud will surely follow!

    Have fun in your quest to find the mud of your dreams...don't let the squirrel dude cause too much distraction, BOL!

    ReplyDelete