Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Learning to Fly


 Greetings everyone! This is The Daily Bone and I'm Chester L. W. Spaniel (and now I'm an official ghost writer too!)

This is kind of weird. I mean my ghostwriter was actually the person who was behind the scenes of all my posts, since I can't really type with my doggie paws. (The official meaning of the word, ghostwriter is: someone who is hired to write literary and journalistic works, speeches, or other texts that are officially credited to another person as the author.)

But now that I'm across the Rainbow Bridge, I'm actually a real ghost and can still write stories just like our friend Foley on her doggie blog from Across the Rainbow Bridge. Oh, and she put me in charge of The Heavenly Bone newspaper. I hope I can manage all of that. 

Anyway, my ghostwriter says she's starting to get over the crying all the time stage of losing me, although her heart still aches like crazy. I told her to look back at some of my old posts. Specifically the post from December 31, 2013 (link below) in which I wrote what we doggies thought about the humans' annual ritual of reviewing the events of the past year. There was one line in that post that made her laugh out loud for almost a half an hour! The line about doggies who would rather barf all day rather than see something yet again … I'm not sure why that seemed so funny to her. But it made her heart feel a little better. 

Meanwhile, I'm going to try on some wings and practice flying with my brother Joey dog. 

Wooohoooo! 



10 comments:

  1. Hi Angel Chester! We're glad to hear your Ghostwriter is feeling better and able to look back and smile at some of your previous antics. We enjoyed reading that blast from the past. Flying sounds like fun. We try to catch some of the birdies in our yard sometimes and are a bit jealous of how they can jump into the sky and fly away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh.... Angel Chester!!! We're so happy that you continue to update your great bloggy as an official GW along with your own GW!! We know it's hard. Mom says she found looking back some old photos and posts helped her for not crying.. We hope your GW and family are doing well!! We'll be back. Juno and mom-a big fan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you, Angel Chester. Have you run across our Angels up there across the Rainbow Bridge? If so, please give them our love and tell them how much we miss them.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very proud of you. I knew you were up to the task. Love to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, its very hard at first...and the hole is always there, but somehow it gets patched up with all those fond memories.

    Nice to know that now you and your former solo GW are now a team of GW's!
    And we hope you were able to finally meet our MJF...so that you can chase all kinds of things, or even catch them now that you can fly! You might even meet Toki and Minko who were dog friendly kitties...We think Pipo and the others would rather just play with other kitty angels, BOL!



    That was a funny post from all those years ago!

    Hugs to your earthly GW and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We loved your blast from the past post, angel Chester and you and angel Joey will enjoy flying together. Hugs to your Ghost Writer♥ Losing a beloved family member is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angel Chester I bet before long you'll be having all kinds of tales to tell us about all your Angel siblings and friends. I hope and Purr Angel Madi is not in Angel Jail...she can be a wild child
    PS I love the clouds
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sorry to read that you have lost Chester. It takes a long time getting used to them not being around, we feel the loss for you. Sending hugs.
    (I have only recently been able to get back to commenting on other people’s blogs - turns out it was a Settings issue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you had to leave Chester. I am sure your spirit will comfort your ghostwriter who must miss you so much. Mum and I send comforting purrs and thoughts.
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete