Monday, March 7, 2016

Ho Hum Monday

Hello everybody! This is The Daily Bone and I'm your dependable doggie commentator 
Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


It was all dull and boring most of today. The sky was gray. The grass was brown and dead. Our beautiful snow is all gone. The trees are bare. 


There were hardly any birdies around, and only one squirrel showed up and then didn't come back after I barked at him. 


My esteemed colleague Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel and I thought we should just sleep all day. 


Well, yesterday was pretty busy since our favorite miniature human, Ryan, came over to visit with his Mom and Dad. But today, everything's ho hum!


It's starting to get a little warmer outside. That means only one thing: mud! Here I am waiting to get into the bathroom so I can get my feet washed. Don't worry. I love to play in the bathtub! That was pretty much the high point of the day. 


But at about 6 PM things started happening. Big flocks of birdies started flying over!

Lots of Canada geese.

A flock of swans.


The choppers were flying around too. I'm surprised they didn't crash into those big fat geese!


Flocks of smaller birds started flying over too.

These are grackles! 

We were not very happy to see grackles. They make the most annoying noise! Sort of like 
chuck chuck chuck squaaaaweeeeeech!  As the sun went down, the robins, and the starlings, and the finches all began singing. 


There were crows flying around too. This one was catching the last rays of the sun.




It sounds like spring to me!


10 comments:

  1. Looks like some good barkin - I luv barkin burds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for visiting our blog!! It looks like you had some cool birdies at your house too!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does. Looks like it's on its way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinkin' the same thingie as Whitley...some good thingies to bark at there Chester!!! I thinks it sure is soundin' like Spring!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring!! Bring it on! I almost snagged a tree rat varmint to day...but I was slowed by the snow that had not melted as yet...it should soon be all gone...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We never see flocks of swans flying overhead in our yard, Chester. Yup, spring is definitely on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like bird and tree rat TV will keep you busy
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer you had a lot of visitors at your place, that cute little boy, I bet he plays a lot wif you, and all those birds, and the chopper. it kept you on your toes I bet. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that last photo! We smell spring too!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloomy is ok if it closes with the sound of birds singing!

    ReplyDelete