Saturday, December 12, 2015

Saturday With Joey Dog

Hi everyone! This is The Daily Bone, Saturday Edition and I'm your trusty doggie commentator Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel.


It's been a couple weeks since I've done a Saturday special, so today I'm going to devote it to my favorite subject. I have an amazing, awesome, and incredible food report. 

Spaghetti and meatballs. A classic!

Oh, a beautiful pizza from Pizza Corner. Delicious!

Meatloaf and baked potato with steamed vegetables. Great on a cold day!

Teriyaki salmon, nishiki rice and steamed vegetables. Mmmmm! 

Chicken tenders with baked sweet potato and steamed vegetables. Delectable!

A toasted Bruegger's bagel with butter. Simple, yet satisfying.

My humans almost always have steamed vegetables with their dinner, as you may have noticed. They have a special microwave steamer and put in whatever seasonal vegetables are available. The secret to cooking them so that some don't get mushy and overdone and while others are still raw, is cutting them into uniform sizes and stacking them up properly. Carrots are cut into sticks and go in first. They get topped by cauliflower, broccoli, brussel's sprouts. Things like snap peas go on the top, farthest from the steaming water. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes to cook. I happen to be very fond of vegetables too.

Here's some food my humans had at the Korean restaurant. That's one of their favorite places to go out to eat! They brought some home, but most of it is not so good for doggies. Korean food is seasoned with lots of garlic and onions (no-nos for doggies) and toasted sesame oil. Oh, and fermented chili paste. Hot! Yipes!





After doing some grocery shopping, ghostwriter made up a fantastic bowl of delicious fruit! Do you see that great big pear on top? I hope I get some of that!



For the finale we have pot roast with gravy, asparagus, and semmel knödel. These special bread dumplings are one of the goodies from our dear Oma's Christmas package that the Evil Squirrel Cartel didn't get into when they chewed a hole in the box. I'm sure if that box of goodies was left on the porch step long enough, the squirrels would have stolen everything in it! 

As my junior colleague Chester L. W. Spaniel mentioned in yesterday's TDB, I am going on partial retirement from the Double Doggie  Homeland Security System, because I'm having some trouble with my legs. Chester agreed to take over most of the running and barking duties. I will still be able to do my forensics analysis and routine patrols. 


And, I will be maintaining my position as Doggie Chief Inspector, comestibles division, and keep up with the Yum Yum Coalition's Safe Food Directory.


I also plan on doing plenty of napping!


In fact, these days sleeping is my favorite sport.



12 comments:

  1. OMD.....Is it dinnertime yet??? That's lots of nommy foodables!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all looks so yummmy. Mom needs to try Korean food. There is a Thai restaurant in our village that's REALLy good she says.

    Mom and Dad have been taking advantage of the warmer temps for house restoration projects so Mom hasn't cooked a whole lot of adventuresome meals but I did hear her say she was making King's Ranch Chicken tomorrow.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey, you have made us all so hungry now. All those meals look pawesome. Mom is drooling over the Bruegger's bagel. She was so happy when they finally opened a store here in Kansas, as she loved them back in New England. But they didn't do well at all, and they closed:( Actually their bagels weren't anywhere near as good a the ones in CT and MA. Enjoy.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey .... that sure looks good. I've so missed all your beaut food reports. thankyou both so much for all your kind words. They really were very much appreciated. I hope I haven't missed any of your snow pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure are the bestest foodable reporter, Joey! You have us practically starving to death now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, we want to come over to your house for dinner...Nom Nom Nom.
    Congrats on your retirement Joey dog, you deserve it!

    Wyatt and Tegan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Look at all those pawesome meals!!

    To answer your question, we worked very hard in the month of November to learn to decorate our tree. Our person helped! These training games are FUN! But we practised first without the tree. For example, I learned to carry a short cord around a cereal box. The, when our person got out the tree and the lights, I carried the string of lights around the tree, just like I'd done with the cereal box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMD, more food pics, better!! :) :) Yes, we've noticed your humans eat very healthy meals with tons of steamed veggies. Our mom is impressed by the way your ghostwriter arranges veggies in the special steamer. Ours loves using Lekue Steam case...She just put all in one. bol

    Momo would love to be Joey's date. Please let us know how we can send you pics....

    Momo & Pinot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Joey will be so happy! Send pics to Christinersrn (at) gmail (dot) com. Or you could let us pick a photo from your blog. There is a nice one of Momo at the beach with a big happy smile.

      Delete
  9. Please take a pic from our bloggy.... IF it's too small to work with, please let us know. We'll send you a bigger one. Joey, this is very exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete