Friday, May 22, 2020

Friday Funnies and Forget-Me-Nots

Greetings. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your droll doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. 



My ghostwriter has been working a lot this week filling in for short staffing at the nursing home. When she comes home after battling the evil virus, she's extra tired. I've been trying not to bug her too much. (So I bug Dad instead!)

heheheh

Seems we could all use a bit of levity lately, so for today's TDB  I decided to post some funnies that I found on the internet.








That last one is totally me when it comes to chasing a tennis ball.



Here's a flashback from May 24, 2015 featuring me and my esteemed late colleague 
Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel.

Hey Joey, what's Dad watching?

Just some boring news show. Go back to sleep.

What? They're saying the term "pet owner" is no longer politically correct!

The correct term is "pet guardian."

























Bwahahahahahaha! We always thought it was the other way around!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz … 




 

I hope everyone stays safe and this awful virus thing goes away real soon! From the residents in nursing homes everywhere: forget-me-not! We're still here under strict quarantine. We're lonely and bored and depressed. We are grieving over a room mate or next-door neighbor who has died of covid, and scared it will come to us next. The staff here is super busy trying to save our lives and have less time to just sit and have a normal conversation with us. You can help! Please send us pictures, cards, and letters so we can feel like we're part of a real family again. Some pretty flowers or a box of chocolates would be nice. We would love to see some artwork by kids, or receive some colorful magazines. It would cheer us up so much!


Forget-me-not


12 comments:

  1. We are keeping our paws crossed for your mom, her colleges, and all the residents (especially your Oma, of course). If you want to email us the address of the home or your Oma's specific address we might be able to send some cheer their way. We will try not to forget those who are being hit the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stressful time for GW and all those in assisted living facilities. We are making cards for our local assisted living facility and would love to send a few to GW's facility if she would email us the address :-)
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes indeed. Petcretary voices the same thing. Our residents are feeling quite lonely, even the ones who are not usually communicative are more restless than they norm,ally are. They MISS their families.
    So far we are blessed in that we do not have this evil virus in our facility, but still we are under the same strict quarantine rules as all are.

    We had some group make handmade Mother's Day cards...that was so nice. Now with Memorial Day coming up, we do hope that there will still be some kind of an in-house celebratory affair.

    Petcretary has that day off and its the start of a 12 day vacation...and normally she would have gone to see her sister in Ontario, or her come over here, but its just going to be a staycation...but she will find plenty to do outside and inside. Just good to be away from all the stress at her work, though:)

    Say hello to your Oma and you whole furmily for us, Chester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We worry about your mom all the time, Chester. We want her and all of her patients to be safe. The forget-me-nots are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are excellent suggestions. Your mom is in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chester and OMD how good to see Angel Joey....so nice to have our angels drop by.
    Racoon spelled backwards... I never thought about it. I send so many thankful thoughts to GW for her dedication to her patients. The forget me nots are beautiful
    Many hugs and prayers for GW's patients
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You GW is doing such important work. We send our strength to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with Millie and Walter: just send the address of your Oma in her nursing home and we will be able to at least send her a card!

    Klem

    PS: my email address is on my own blog on the 'me' page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures of you and Joey. I miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness, C. Those cartoons were the best! Fetch is a tough nut to crack, for sure. No sooner do we get the ball, and they throw it again. What the what? It makes no sense! Bless your Ghostwriter. She is an angel on earth! Mom and I say prayers for her and the other helpers every single day.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Joey Dog, we do miss thee.....
    Oh, I play 'fetch' that way too! I expect the thrower to chase ME! Those aren't the rules????
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    pees: gives GW a big slobbery kiss from me for all her angelic work she is doing for our most vulnerable.....and tells her to pass it along to her co-workers....☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr Chester I loves the racoon and we sure do hope people follow his lead of mask and washing hands.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete