Greetings loyal readers and new comers too! This is The Daily Bone and I'm your quintessential doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel.
It's September 1st! That means next week the kids around here will be going back to school. Ghostwriter says that day used to be a big event at our house back when the siblings were still school age. The day all four of them got on the bus at the same time, ghostwriter and Dad had a big celebration, and my Patron Saint Old Charisma dog took an long and well deserved nap!
Ghostwriter started thinking about when she was in grade school and how different things were back then. This lead to her looking back to a post from two years ago.
|Under the tree in 2014|
Whoa! Look at that tree! I betcha I can climb it faster than you can. Last one up’s a poopy head!
1. Child expresses interest in climbing tree in back yard with his friends.
2. Parent sets a play date for September 1, 2017 and sends out “save the date” notices to a select group of friends.
3. Parent hires a lawyer to write up legally binding waivers for the parents of these children to sign before the tree climbing event.
4. Parent checks with local zoning board to make sure no one objects to a tree climbing event.
4. Parent searches on line and hires a reputable tree surgeon to establish that the tree is safe to climb and there are no weak branches.
5. Parent consults the EPA to be sure the tree is not an endangered species and that no endangered species might be living in the tree.
6. Three months prior to tree climbing event, parent sends out official invitations, along with the waivers. No child will be allowed to participate in the event unless the waiver is signed and notarized.
7. Parent hires a climbing expert with tree climbing experience and rents the appropriate safety equipment for the event, including helmets, safety ropes, knee and elbow pads, and an array of nets to put on the ground under the tree in case someone falls.
8. One week before the event, parents have tree surgeon return and recheck tree for problems.
9. Parent hires emergency personnel to be present during the event in case anyone gets a cut or scratch.
10. Parent sends child to grandparent’s house for a couple days.
11. While child is gone, parent chops the tree down. When the child returns, parents tell the child the tree was struck by lightning and fell down while he was visiting Gramma and Grandpa.
12. Parents plant a new tree and tells the child he can reschedule his tree climbing event in thirty years when the baby tree is big enough to climb.
|Joey under the tree in 2014|
Hey, I think you're kind of going off on a tangent here, ghostwriter! I thought this post was supposed to be about the first day of September today!
OK. This is what the day looked like:
|Driving home from work on Route 15 North.|
|Young cardinal on top of the bird feeder.|
|Warp speed zoom!|
|Almost got him that time!|
|The sun is setting earlier now.|
It looks like it was a beautiful day there just as it was here!!! How the times have changed, or so says the Momster!!!ReplyDelete
Our kiddos have are just finishing their third week at school here - seems way too early to us, we miss those kidlets.
Woos - Ciara and Lightning
Whoa, someone's busy!ReplyDelete
Around here the kiddos haf bin in school'bout 2 weekz already - my aunt sis uzed tue b a teacher b-4 she retired an'missez all the hub-bub of gittin'all set up fer her kiddoz butt not the akchual school-day. Mom loved your video - she haz never seen it butt haz seen a story like it on Facebark. Wish we had a yard like yourz - we rarely c any squirreliez'cept up on the electricity polez an'that iz dangerus fer'em.ReplyDelete
Lady Shasta of Beaglebratz Manor
We loved the story of the tree and mom loved the video! She kept on saying "yup - yup - yup" all the way through.ReplyDelete
OMCs Chester your peeps had 4 wee humans!! Bless their hearts. How many boys/girls?ReplyDelete
Mom got a chuckle out of the back to school celebration. Years ago her friend was mother to very very active and loud twins. When they started school for the first time someone asked the twin's mother what she was going to do after now that they were in school. She didn't miss a beat she replied, "listen to the dishes drain!"
Tree story was funny
School started 8/29 here.
Hugs madi your bfff
Our Mama is totally with your Mama...the world had gotten way more complicated then the days when "the last one in is a rotten egg" days!!ReplyDelete
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo
We liked your last picture where you were resting, we rest a lot also, yes mom says the world moves way to fast now, she worries about our grandpeepers. stella roseReplyDelete
Your list cracked us upReplyDelete
Lily & Edward
Our mom and dad love it when the kids go to school even though we don't have any.ReplyDelete
Murphy & Stanley
Good night Chester. A good day's work.ReplyDelete
Oh Chester, seems you work is never done!!!! you deserve at least 87 treaties and a margarita!ReplyDelete
Oh, and Ma always won the tree climbin' contests....☺ (only one sprained ankle...)
I would like to come eat at your house! Also your favorite miniature human is very cute! And also, we like to play bitey-face with the Cat. But he doesn't very often want to play with us. I wonder why?
My mommy always says she's furry glad to have grown up when she did! She loved the video! And the photos of your bootifur September day!ReplyDelete
We can relate to that 'getting ready to climb list.'ReplyDelete
The petcretary says its like that or worse in the nursing world, too...sigh...
Bitey face, BOL!!
Today was the first school day here, lots of busses driving around these parts as we are in two school districts here depending on which side of the road you live on...and we border two other districts too.
The petcretary well remembers running about her neighborhood with other kids during the long summertime and she climbed a fence to keep up with them...and ripped her pants to shreds. Oh-oh! But no claims were filed against the fence owners.