Friday, October 14, 2022

And Then Chaos Ensued …

 Greetings friends and fans. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your diligent doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel.


Starting out today, we did our routine exploration of our territory by looking up, and looking down. Here's what we saw:










There have been lots and lots of birdies eating seeds from our feeders. 


They fly around really fast, so some of them just look like blurs in this photo. I decided I should try to get an exclusive interview from some of them. After all, our friendship with Sparrows Incorporated has been going strong for over 13 years!

Hey birdies, come on in for a nice talk!

As I ran towards them, several of them flew into the back door of the garage. Wow! So I showed them how I can open the door to inside the house all by myself.

Right this way, birdies!




Come on in! We'll have some cookies and crackers!
















And then chaos ensued! At least five sparrows got into the house and started flying around frantically! They smashed themselves against the windows, and bounced off the walls. A couple fell behind the TV cabinet. I started barking like crazy in an effort to calm them down, while my ghostwriter ran around trying to get them to go back outside! I tried to squeeze myself behind the TV cabinet to rescue the ones back there. But finally ghostwriter managed to get them all outside.

Ghostwriter says that sparrows aren't used to coming into houses. 


Oh well. At least I tried to be friendly. 



7 comments:

  1. Oh, my what a day! Five all at once! I'm in awe of Ghostwriter in getting them all out. I don't know if I could have. Brava, Ghostwriter! Bravo, Chester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparrows in the house. What excitement! I can't imagine anything more fun.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the sparrows didn't break anything! What a chaotic day! Autumn is sure pretty at your house, Chester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chester what gorgeous leaves!!
    OMDs that was way too much excitement. Sparrows in the house. Dear Me I hope and purr none of them got so frantic they pooped on your noggin.
    OH and last but not least that last photo of you is 100 kinds of handsome
    Hugs cecilia
    PS I know GW and Dad like spiders I have a pic of one on blog today. YIKES

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was nice of you to invite those birdies into your house, Chester. It sounds like Ghostwriter had fun getting them all back outside though. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are boring and stick to the usual...mice. We keep catching them...well, that is to say Petcretary keeps catching them...
    Once we had a bat in here, now that was chaotic, with Groucho Cat trying to get it...LOL!

    How clever you were, Chester to lure those sparrows into your den...is that why they are called 'House Sparrows'?? Then they should have calmed down and begged you for a cup of tea and crumbles. BOL!

    ReplyDelete