Tuesday, April 20, 2021

And I Got a Bone!

 Hello everyone. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your steadfast doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. And I got a super yummy bone today! Here is a picture of me with my bone after I chewed off all of the bits of meat and marrow. 


My ghostwriter made some vegetable soup today. Here's the recipe in case you're interested:
1 beef shank
3 carrots 
3 stalks celery
1 small onion
1 big can of crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup barley
1/4 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup frozen green beans
Chop the vegies and put them in a big pot along with the beef shank, the tomatoes, and the frozen vegies. Add enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Add the barley and simmer for about a 40 minutes. Stir frequently. Add more water if necessary. Remove from heat, and let sit for about 30 more minutes. Remove the beef shank and cut up the meat into little pieces and return to the soup pot. Add salt as desired. Give the soup bone to your doggie. 


That last step is the most important! 

Oh, and here's what the soup looks like when it's done:


But don't forget, I got a bone!


11 comments:

  1. Well Chester we all know it is the soup bone that adds that special yumminess to soup so I'd say you are the winner but we'll let that be our secret.
    PS I must say that soup has me drooling on the key board too
    Hugs Cecilia
    PSS I meant to say how very handsome you are today and every day. I might be a bit envious of your waves

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks soooooooo yummy and the best part is that you got the bone, Chester! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE it when our Mom makes Beef soup too! We get some of the bits of meat and Cinnamon gets the bone! Mom has copied your recipe and says some beef soup might happen in the near future! Thanks for visiting us and we hope you have a marvellously happy day (and more bones!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! For the peeps and YOU!!

    Sometimes petcretary just boils the bones as they are, and then we get to eat them up...and they are good gnawing for weeks afterwards! *She* drinks the bone broth! Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great looking bone, Chester. We like that recipe and will try to get our mom to make it too. Do you think it's okay if she uses 2 bones so we each have one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy how the soup bone comes out of the soup. I mean - it's the best part. Right...? Humans. Go figure. The soup sounds yummy, nevertheless. Glad you got to share, C.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  7. The recipe sounds really good, but I have one problem: I don't have a Chester! Mind you, I do have a Dad who loves to slurp the marrow out of the bone...

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've nevfur had a real bone in my whole life! MOM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete