Monday, April 22, 2019

Earth Day!

Hello everyone. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your dynamic doggie reporter
Chester L W. Spaniel. 


I hope you all had a nice Easter! My ghostwriter had to work all through it and didn't get home last night until 4am! I barely had the energy to get up and say hello to her at that time! 


I think I'm going to have to have a little talk with her boss one of these days! Grrrrr …
But anyway, today is my favorite holiday: Earth Day! That's the day ghostwriter and I take time to appreciate all the nice earth in our back yard. I like to look under rocks to see all the creatures that live there. Look look look lookie look! There's a gigantic slimy earth worm! 


I bet the robins would love to slurp up that one! 


There was a little spider living under this rock in a little round nest in the mud.


There are lots of interesting scents under here.


I smell mousie footprints back here.


I wonder if that was from the mousie we found in the trap in the garage on Saturday?


Moving on, here's our glorious compost pile, below. We put the autumn leaves on there plus vegetable and fruit scraps from the kitchen, the Halloween pumpkins and gourds, and all kinds of dead weeds, plants, and grass clippings too. The birdies ate lots of seeds from those pumpkins and gourds through the winter. Now that it's Spring, the robins find some huge worms in there too. After a while, these things will all turn into lovely, rich earth!


Right next door is the Sparrows Inc. Winter Lodge in the Sticks. Now that the sparrows have moved out, Dad will put all those sticks through the screaming dragon scary noisy stick grinder machine thing, and turn them into mulch. I'll be sure to stay safely in the house when he does that. 


Now ghostwriter wants to show a few flowers that are growing in our yard. 

Hyacinths

Pachysandra

Daffodils

Puppy willows!

Hostas growing


Hey, we still have to look under the rocks by the fence! 

Wow! Lots of  good stuff under there!

I did a lot of running and barking too. The ground is still soft so it feels like running on marshmallows. Before going in, I was sure to give the Gnome Syndicate their Spring deployment instructions. They had better not let any more mousies get into the garage!


Then it was time to go back inside. Wow, were my feet ever muddy! I had to jump into the bath tub!  The instant I got into the water, it turned brown!


That was a lot of work exploring the earth in my yard! I think I'll take a nap now. 


I hope all you doggies, and kitties, and humans out there had as much fun as I did today!


Good night!




13 comments:

  1. Chester you did a woofin'good job for Earth Day ... Dougie has a compost pile too, and yup, it makes wonderful "new" earth for our garden (er, attempted garden). We're a little ahead of you now ... the daffodils just went bye-bye for this year, but the hosta's are really BIG. Isn't it fun to poke around and find so many treasures right in your very own yard ...
    P.S. remember this week we also have Arbor Day ... my plan is to personally "water" all the trees!
    Your friend, Dougie Dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard is beautiful with so many things to discover under your rocks, Chester. We love your flowers! Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chester, your yardie is looking so nice.
    Our hosta's are just now coming up.

    Happy Earth Day.

    ♥ Astro and Mitzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have a nice yard to explore in Chester. We don't have any daffodils blooming in our yard yet but we should see them soon. There are lots of perennials popping out of the ground though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOL Chester that was one fun Earth Day walkie. I'm thrilled to see things are blooming in Upstate NY.
    I was wondering about those feets...and if they would get a soaking
    Hugs all around
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Ghostwriter have a great love for Mother Earth and all its critters and beautiful plants. It was fun going for a walk with you in your yard.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yard is chock full of "goodies," C. Mom has worm-phobia, so we wouldn't get so close to the earthworm as you did. Also, whenever I see a spider, I pop up and down like a popcorn.


    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pawsome way to celebrate Earth Day Chester! We enjoy seeing what critters you find in your yard!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your yard is looking wonderful! We have had a lot of worms coming out when it rains
    hugs
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the most fascinating yard Thank you for giving us the tour and sharing it with us. That mouse frightened us a bit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blooms are FABulous Chester! I did like the tour of your yardie ~ lots of good sniffs!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. You brought some earth in on your feet for earth day! You have some gorgeous flowers to sniff and it is so cool that you have a compost pile. Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our Earth Day wuz a Rain Day-- but rain is gud fur da earth, right?? Yer tootsies shure gots muddy-- my momma woulda probably given me a full on waterboardin'!

    ReplyDelete