Friday, August 12, 2022

Doing OK

Hello everyone. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


I want to thank everyone who sent me all the wonderful POTP and get well wishes last week when I was sick. I'm feeling much better now.


Ghostwriter and Dad have been waiting on me hand and foot. I am now getting canned doggie food which tastes a much better than kibble (which I still won't eat.) 

Not much else has been happening around here. Two days ago, we had some spectacular clouds in the sky as cooler weather moved in.


They made for an amazing sunset! 




And an even more incredible moon rise!


In other news, yesterday, ghostwriter happened to go out into the garage. She peeked out the back door, and came face to face with Mr. Cool Beans Cooper, our friendly neighborhood Cooper's Hawk, who was sitting on the ground underneath the birdie feeders. He quickly flew away before she could get a picture. But later that day, with my expert guidance, of course, she looked underneath the pussy willow bushes in the back corner of the yard, and found a huge collection of birdie feathers. Mr. Cool Beans Cooper must have caught a mourning dove!




While we might feel sorry for that poor mourning dove, I imagine Mr. C. B. Cooper probably has a family to feed. 


And that's all I have to report for now. Thanks again for all the well wishes! You're the best!


14 comments:

  1. We are so happy to hear that you are doing better, Chester. When Timber's tummy is off, he won't touch his kibble either. Have a great weekend.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the attention and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good to know all the POTP has helped you, Chester, and we're glad you found some yummy noms that you WILL eat. Sometimes we don't want our raw coated kibble either, but mostly the next time, we gobble everything up, BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are relieved you are feeling better and send healing purrs and POTP that you are 100% soon. Thank you so much for coming by to visit us we love to make new friends. We have a hawk here too. Mom actually got a picture of it as it sets on our fence post sometimes. We have an owl too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful sunset.
    And it's so good to hear that you're feeling better Chester. Tinned food always taste better than kibble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy to hear that you are doing better, Chester! Your sky shots are just gorgeous and we love the beautiful red rose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so glad to hear you are feeling better, Chester, and hope you continue to improve. That sure was a pretty sunset you saw, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chester you read minds...I was just thinking early this am that I needed to check on you.
    Evidently your tummy feels best and digest canned food better. So be it. And you get more hydration with canned. Mighty mini Dachshund Toto loved Mighty dog canned food. I don't think he ever at kibble...but then that was eons ago and I'm older than dirt so I might have forgotten. Angel Madi like kibble to snack on but she adored and HAD to have 1/2 can of Fancy feast morning and night.
    Hugs to you and the staff
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are very glad to hear you are feeling better. We hope the services continues to be excellent and the skies sooooo pretty. POTP continued. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Chester & Ghost Writer! I've been 'unplugged' for a bit and missed the posts that you're not feeling well. I'm so sorry to read that, and I so hope that your appetite continues to improve and you feel better every day! We're sending lots and lots of POTP for you from our corner in Virginia! ❤❤

    And can I just say about the Cooper's Hawk getting a meal - that I'm glad we're at the top of the food chain .... Most days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi friend, Ojo here! I am glad you are feeling better! Hurray for wet dog food, yum! Good job showing your person where the hawk-drama went down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear that you're feeling better. Feeling sick is the pits!!! What strange looking clouds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are so glad to hear you are better Cooper ! POTP for that to continue !

    ReplyDelete