Friday, January 2, 2015

Cold Day at the Beach

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, doggies and kitties. This is The Daily Bone 
and I'm your pertinacious doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


Tonight we have a featured report by our savvy guest correspondent Maddie Cat. 


Meow and hello. My Joanna human is nuts. Why? Because she willfully left the warmth of our home to go out to Hamlin Beach on the shores of Lake Ontario on a cold winter day. I honestly cannot understand why someone would do that when her time could be better spent in my presence! Well anyway, this is what she saw: 

A bleak beach.
Millions of zebra mussel shells.

A big flock of silly geese. These were not the fat, waddling mall geese that block traffic and poop all over parking lots. These were wild Canada geese that stayed far away from the camera. 

Doggie foot prints.
A strange species of turtle.
Dead leaves and sticks.
An unfortunate loon.
A toy truck.
Lots and lots of freezing cold water and sand.

Again, why she would go there instead of stay at home with me, is beyond reason! 


Thank you Maddie Cat. What I can't understand is why she didn't take you along! 


7 comments:

  1. Crikey ...... I KNOW why she went there!!!! She played with and then rolled in that dead loon, aye?? I would've too!!!!
    Mum said that was all VERY beautiful and she would like to go there in the cold too. SHE wouldn't have played with the loon. She probably would just take 87 million photos or something!!
    Funny lookin' turtle, aye?? I have never seen one of those on MY beach. Must be the fresh water variety, aye??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, those cold bleak beaches are not where I would want to be either..
    Maybe that truck/bulldozer(??) can help clean up some of that debris...

    Now I feel really cold...off to my warm nest...nighty night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those peepoles do things that can not be 'splained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least she found some TREASURES while at the beach...like the very UNUSUAL Turtle and stuffs... Zebra Mussles are the BANE of the great lakes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would definitely go to the beach too. And maybe bathe a little. I love water, cold or not so cold it doesn't matter to me, but Vaks on the other hand. He hates water but loves the sand in the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frankie and Ernie are right! At least she found some treasures! Those NASTY zebra mussles :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrrrrrr.....Just looking at that beach makes us chilly!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete