Saturday, May 3, 2014

Rainbow

Good evening readers! This is The Daily Bone and I’m your colorful doggie host Chester L. W. Spaniel. I think it’s time for some doggie logic!

Today there was a big sudden storm with high winds, lots of pouring rain, and even a bit of thunder. Towards the end of it, the sun broke through the clouds in the west. For some reason one of my humans ran outside with a camera, came back in again, and called the other humans to come outside and look at the spectacular rainbow. Being color blind, I just couldn’t understand what the big deal was. I looked and looked, but only saw gray clouds, brilliant sunlight, and a bright curved line. So I looked up the definition of a rainbow and this is what I got: 1. an arch of colors visible in the sky, caused by refraction and dispersion of the sun’s light by water droplets in the atmosphere 2. A wide range of different colors or kinds.

Well, the water droplet stuff is very interesting and scientific, but my doggie mind still cannot envision it, let alone see it. So I tried to think about the second definition. What do I have that is of a great range? Answer: squeaky toys. 


I unloaded my entire squeaky toy collection just to appreciate the diversity of them. I seem to remember hearing that word a lot on the news, and it often seems to be associated with some kind of argument or problem. I took a good long look at my squeaky toys. They are many and wondrous and all different colors (I’m told.) I simply cannot understand what’s the big deal about the word diversity. So I looked that word up too, and here’ s what I got: 1. the state of being diverse 2. A diverse range; a variety. Well, that’s exactly what I have here and I don’t see any problem whatsoever. In fact, I’m quite happy about my diverse squeaky toy collection. In fact, I can conclude that diverse is the way things are supposed to be. 


Oh, and here is the rainbow. My human made a black and white copy of it so you can see how it looks to me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment