Saturday, May 31, 2014

Covert Deployment

Hello hello! Welcome new readers, long time fans, back yard naturalists, squeaky toy enthusiasts, and fellow squirrel chasers. This is The Daily Bone and I’m your ebullient doggie host 
Chester L. W. Spaniel.


It seems the helicopters have begun their descent. Unfortunately, my ghost writer had to work today and wasn’t able to take pictures of them falling. This evening there was no wind to incite a massive deployment. But don’t worry. The tree still has plenty of ammunition left. Maybe tomorrow we can get more photos.


I must report, however, that there have been plenty of squirrel sightings since yesterday when Dad climbed up the ladder to dislodge the squirrel nest from the tree. It seems the twitchy-tailed newlywed couple are totally confused by the wreckage of their would-be condominium. They jumped from branch to branch as I barked at them. (Please see my story “Squirrel Superhighway” from TDB on 9/13/13 to see why they were unable to simply run along the tree branches to the hawthorn tree and then exit the yard.)


And now my knowledgeable associate Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel, founder of the Yum Yum Coalition, has a report to make.


Hello everybody. I have done an inspection of the pear tree and have some sad news. There will probably be a small crop this year. During the week it was in full bloom, there were a lot of thunder storms and heavy downpours that damaged the blossoms.


That means Chester and I will have to redouble our patrols to make sure those squirrels don’t steal what few fruits are left on the tree. I will keep you posted on the situation throughout the growing season.


In the meantime, the squirrels are free to consume as many silver maple helicopters as they want.

"Bone" appetite squirrels! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey dudes can I come over and join in with squirrel patrol? Sadly there are none in my park at the moment and I have to chase crows instead. Have a serene Sunday and let us all partake of some big easy today.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put a Bird feeder in your yard and they will come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let yur guard down fur a minute!
    Yu are the dogs fur the job!

    ReplyDelete