Monday, March 27, 2017

Goodbye Snow

Greetings. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your doggie optimistic reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


Our snow from the big blizzard last week is melting. We think it will be the last of the big snow storms around here. We can still get snow in April, and sometimes even May, but usually those don't amount to much. So it's time to say goodbye to the snow.


Goodbye blowing, drifting white-outs on country roads.




Goodbye parking lot mountain ranges.




Goodbye driveway monster snow piles, and car boogers, and dirty road salt haze.




Goodbye sniffing for mousies, and wading into snow up to my chest.




Goodbye snow squalls and icicles.




Hello garden Buddha, and puddles.




Hello giant flocks of shrieking grackles.




Hello dreary gray skies, and Canada geese who never really left the area this winter.




Hello back yard swamp. Hello muddy doggie feet!


Hello first crocus of the season.


Goodbye big shaggy winter coat.


Hello spring time buzz cut!

Whoa! I can see again! 


18 comments:

  1. Chester
    WooHoo for no more gazillion feets of snow. I know you all must be SICK and TIRED of it.
    OMCs Princess Leah will faint when she see your lovely new buzzzzzz!
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chester! I'm happy to see the snow (and cold, windy days) disappear also. It's 70 today! Did you ever find out what that alien thing that got into your house last week was? P.S. I think you look handsome both before and after the hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are right and the snow is gone. We are down to one small patch of stubborn snow. We are hoping for spring and we will look for you when we get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD *thud* Oophs, I fainted a bit there…you look soooo HANDSOME in your new furcut my darling I was quite overcome.
    Dearest Chester I would be delighted to go to the Spring Pawty with you, in fact, I can't wait!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful, Chester, and I know you're cooler! Me too☺ We're still waiting to see our first flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muddy paws are the best!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure that Buddha is happy to be out of the snow!
    yur Furend,
    Louis Dog Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good byes and hellos - the changing of the seasons. And soon time to get after that squirrel cartel:)

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully spring has sprung
    Snorts and a Woof,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Furs Cut looks SUPER Chester.
    GOOD BYE and GOOD RIDDANCE, we say. and WELCOME MUDDY PAWS. LOVE THOSE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to see the garden Buddha again!

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Chester, you look FABulous dude!!!! Though, I likes the furry look too...I likes bein' furry too! BOL I hopes you gets you green grasses back real soon, and I bets your Moms hopes that mud goes away too BOL!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's another winter without a trace of snow but I'm glad that spring might be coming to your area. Your new haircut looks fabulous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. that was a lot of snow - we are heading for 90 today - happy to send you some sunshine to melt the rest of it

    ReplyDelete
  15. All our snow is gone now too Chester. We can't believe you have a crocus blooming already.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! goodbye snow! it is rainy here and the snow is staying to the mountains.
    You look handsome with your spring haircut Chester
    hugs
    mr Bailey, Hazel & mabel

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMD, when you get a haircut, you get ALL of them cut! It's good to see your face again. I hope your weather stays warm now!

    ReplyDelete