Friday, March 3, 2017

Flower Friday And Frosty Flurries

Hello everybody! This is The Daily Bone and I'm your diligent doggie reporter
Chester L. W. Spaniel.


It's a wintry day here today. We had a blustery snow squall this morning.


By Tuesday, it's supposed to be almost 60ยบ!


One thing is for sure, though. We have NO flowers!


But ghostwriter saw lots of beautiful flowers while she was in Florida for Jessy and Dan's wedding. 



Jessy grew most of the succulent flowers and plants for her wedding bouquets, table arrangements, and boutonnieres. The big pink flowers called Proteas were ordered from Hawaii. Wow!





Here's a hedge covered with orange flowers that ghostwriter saw while driving through the farming area of Redland Florida. 


Meanwhile, our garden Buddha sits and waits for things to grow. 


It'll be several more weeks before we have any flowers blooming. 


In other news, as you know, I went to the vet on Monday for a check-up. On my health report card, it said I was nine years old. Ghostwriter thought the vet had made a mistake, and that I'm only eight years old. So she checked my birth certificate. My birthday is October 25, 2008! 


Can you believe it? Ghostwriter says it's OK. Our Patron Saint Old Charisma was twelve years old for about three or four years because no one could remember the year she was born. Gee, I hope my dearest Princess Leah doesn't think I'm an old fart!


Remember, you're only as old as you feel!


For my final report, we found a picture from this date on 2015. Look at all the snow!


We got cheated this year!



8 comments:

  1. Chester....OMCs the weather is just plain crazy pants for sure! We had 2 weeks of too hot for February then March came and it got cold. Thank you for showing the beautiful succulents and Florida flowers.
    I am sure your Princess has no worries about your age...your handsome face and kind heart are what she loves.
    I will be 15 soon good thing my Raz likes Cougars!
    Hugs Madi your bffff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some beautimous flowers the Ghostwriter saw in Florida...we can't believe how topsy turvy the weather has been this winter!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got back from a long walk, and it is already 68 here. But those March winds are fierce. It makes for a tough climb up the hill for Mom when walking into it. We do our best to pull her along. Those are some gorgeous flowers. Our forsythias are trying to bloom and our hyacinths have popped WAY up high. Crazy.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chester, I am sure there will be blooms in no time! And don't worries abouts your age, you and I are almost the same age! I thinks I am one month older than you! We are both old farts!!! BOL!!!! Good thingie my Murphy likes his chicks older! hehehe So I am sure PL will only see your puppy eyes....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sure did get cheated on snow this year, Chester! The flowers are just beautiful - especially the orange hedge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey Chester ..... Mum and I got cheated too. We missed out on all your snow pics. Pretty flowers, aye?? You'll have flowers soon I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chester, we hadn't had a real winter here fur years, until this year. Winter fur us means rain, not snow. This year we got three years worth of rain, and it's not done yet! I'm sure your snow will come back. And all your mommy's flowers will bloom, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have winter here now...snowless though for now...a storm is going to dump snow overnight and through Tuesday...sheesh.
    We did see our crocus bloom...but now they are quite frozen:(

    ReplyDelete