Monday, March 23, 2015

My Name Is Mud


Hello. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your crest fallen doggie host Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


I have been waiting patiently for some really big mud to show up in my back yard. But as usual, Western New York weather never cooperates. Alas, there is hardly any mud! 


The ground is still kind of frozen. But that was not all. You see, last Autumn ghostwriter piled all the fallen leaves on top of the potential muddy spots along the back fence. Drat! I thought those big leaf piles were for me to have fun running through! 


After trotting around the entire yard, this was as muddy as I could get! But it was enough to get me a dip in the bath tub. 


Don't feel sorry for me. I actually like playing in the water. If ghostwriter tells me that I have dirty feet, I immediately run upstairs and jump right into the tub.


My face is all wet in this photo because I was trying to catch the little bits of leaves and debris that were swirling around under the water. 


So I guess there will be no mud in Blogville today! Well, you can't say I didn't try!

And then this happened:

Harumph!



14 comments:

  1. Just pretend yous got extra special white mud Chester!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah is Right.... just call it WHITE mud... and it will be FINE...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL we so agree. White mud it is. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mud. Sorry you don't have any. I've had enough for a million of you. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Chester,

    Come visit us. There is very much mud here. We are always covered in it! (And, oh yeah, you can take our Baths for us too! We HATE Baths!)

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow is more fun than mud any day and it's clean so it means no baths!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Chester, just give it a few days and trust me, you will have mud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Should have come to our house! Dad had to dig in the mud to replace the outside faucet!

    fist bump
    Mr Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you know what, we would take snowy paws anyday over muddy ones - but somehow we think that mud will get there eventually.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, drats!!! Well, snow is fun too!!!! Just think of it as an extra loooooong Winter guys! REALLLLY LONG Winter! BOL
    Just think of all the glorious snow you will have when the ground melts! (just get to it before your Moms puts the leaves over it!)
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crikey ..... poor Pluto. Three whole days?? Mum needs MORE news on him. Is he really ok? He looked real crook when they pulled him out and they were sure in no hurry to get a blanket or something. They could at least have wrapped him in their shirt if they didn't have a blankie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our ground is mudless too...frozen hard it is...now tonight it is 20F...Brrr...can't even pretend to have mud.


    At least all we had was a few snowy flakes, nothing that covered the ground.

    Glad they saved that dog,and I hope he is fine. OMD, What an ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe your mom could make some mud for you.

    ReplyDelete