Sunday, November 30, 2014

Football

Hello. This is The Daily Bone and I’m your sporty doggie commentator Chester L. W. Spaniel along with my agile associate Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel. 


Today Dad was watching football, (instead of the news.) I’ve tried my best to figure out this sport, but it continues to elude me, and boggle my doggie brain. Joey dog has lived a lot longer than I, and still can’t explain it either. But apparently Dad likes this game a lot, and gets quite emotional about it.

Mom, why is Dad yelling at the TV? 

From what I can tell, the game involves a kind of oddly shaped squeaky ball. (That’s OK so far. I like squeaky balls.) A whole bunch of big muscle men try to catch the squeaky ball and keep it away from the other men. (Still OK: I play keep-away sometimes.) But then I get confused. In the picture below, for example, they got all lined up nice and straight. But then they all started running in different directions. They all bumped into each other and lots of them fell down. It’s really hard to keep track of the squeaky ball in all that commotion!


The teams have funny names, like buffalos, and birdies, and other animals, and they wear different colors and numbers so they can tell who is who. Here are the blue buffalo guys (below.) This was the part when they all fell down; and then they did it again; and then again, except real slow; and then they all fell down again. Then some analyzer guys started talking about the falling down guys. I think the falling down guys fell down about ten times before a stripy shirt guy made some arm signals, that everyone was either really mad about, or else really happy about.  


Here is a team called the browns, but they’re wearing shiny orange hats. They had a big group hug, and then got in line again for some more falling down. Dad did a lot of yelling. (I think he wanted the buffalo blue shirt guys to win.) 


Just when I though the game was over, they all changed their shirts and kept on playing! You see? Now they have on purple shirts! Dad said these are the ravens. Where did the blue buffalo guys go? I was hoping to see a real buffalo! 



Dad tried to explain it to me, but I forgot what he said. 

But then Joey said I should come to the kitchen because Mom is cooking dinner. 
At last! Something I can understand! 



BBQ ribs, collard greens, mashed sweet potatoes, and green beans. Yum! 

And then the football was all done. Oh well, I guess I'll try to figure football out again next Sunday. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


10 comments:

  1. We don't get it either, but at our house it's Mom who yells at the tv. Strange thing, we think. We will take dinner over football any day! Mom says your freckles are the cutest!

    Waggies,
    Braeden, Seth and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Football and food go together in this house..Where one is found, the other isn't far behind ;-)
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food are easier to understand and usually comes wif football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I come round for dinner ????
    We're more a cricket watching family and if you think football is complicated, try the LBW rule in cricket !
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That football stuffs goes on in our house too, guys. The kitchen is definitely the place to hang out!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yu did a great job splainin that football stuffs. But I still don't get it.

    Food is the best idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom is giving up on all these nutty teams winning. She is trading in her NY Giants
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crikey ..... we don't do football in our house but we sure do food. We're with the Princess ..... we watch cricket. Well ...... I don't..... but I get to snuggle with Mum while she watches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm....I missed those games...but it was maybe a good thing, cause my team lost...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the trip to the kitchen and the nap were the best part of the day :)

    ReplyDelete