Monday, November 3, 2014

Autumn Day

Hello everybody. Welcome to The Daily Bone (Western New York Edition.) I'm your humble doggie correspondent Chester L. W. Spaniel along with my esteemed colleague Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel. We will be doing a series of short reports today, since we have a lot of news to cover.


 The State of the Territory


Although it was rather dreary and cold today, we still went out to enjoy the autumn leaves. The backyard featured crisp, crunchy, dry leaves from the silver maple tree. The front yard was covered with beautiful, freshly fallen Norway maple leaves. We are proud to report there was no sign of the Evil Squirrel Cartel, the Conniving Chipmunk Consortium, the Miscellaneous Mousie Mob, or the Sneaky Shrew Squad!


A Sad Announcement. 


Our gecko Elvis passed away last night. He was a very, very old gecko. He devoured lots of crickets and occasionally grubs, grasshoppers, moths, crane flies, and June bugs. We buried him under a rock in the front yard. A lone katydid observed the burial. 


Election Day is Tomorrow! 

Please be sure to vote. I noticed this years elections were particularly filled with mud slinging. I tried rolling in some mud the other day while out on a walk with my Jason human. Things didn't turn out well for me after that, as you doggies can well imagine. I look forward to the day when elections focus more on the opponents' good attributes for a change, instead of all this character assassination!


Some Things I've Never Seen Before

Here are some photos my ghostwriter took especially for me while she was flying in a jet plane. You know how much I love to see jets flying in the sky!

Jets lined up for take-off in Baltimore
Fort Lauderdale and the Everglades 
Departing Orlando
Cloud footprints on the Atlantic Ocean
Rochester at Night. The blurriness is from the jet wash.

It boggles my doggie brain! Sleepy time! 


7 comments:

  1. Whew...there was a bunch to cover today! We are so sorry to hear about your Gecko....
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Very sad about Elvis, I know my peeps would love to have a gecko
    But most impawtantly, that tummy needs a rub and tickle !
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your ancient gecko but we know he had a good life. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome pictures from the Aire! Our mom will be heading to Orlando in another month. We're so sorry to hear about Elvis.

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day romping in those leaves. So sorry to hear about your gecko. I would rather be on your sofa than in the air like that ghost writer
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those leaves look fun! Sorry about Elvis :( Your sofa looks mighty comfy, can we join you?
    Marty and the Gang

    ReplyDelete