Thursday, October 17, 2013

Them's Fightin' Words!

Hello. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your humble doggie host Chester L. W. Spaniel, chairman of the Squeaky Party. I still think squeaky toys will save the world, eventually.

Come on, squeaky ball. Get to work saving the world!

I'm sure you're as tired as I am of all the blather about politics lately. In fact, I'm not even listening anymore. Instead I'm counting how many times I hear or see the word "battle" while I'm trying to ignore stories that have anything to do with the Debt Ceiling, Affordable Care, Government Shut-down, blah, blah, blah, etc. Then I checked the thesaurus for more words that mean battle and this is what I got: strife, contention, struggle, combat, fighting, bloodshed, clash, onslaught, onset, barrage, conflict, warfare, fray, assault, military campaign, havoc, and carnage. Havoc and carnage? Wow! Is there really all that going on in Washington? That certainly seems pretty intimidating! Never fear, though. If the Squeaky Party ever has to get involved in all this fighting nonsense, I found the perfect person to coach us in the use of fighting words. His vocabulary is very impressive indeed. There is a link to him below.
 
What ever happened to words like peace, compromise, cooperation, settlement, resolution, healing, ceasefire, calm, order, agreement, planning, negotiation, and fiscal responsibility? On top of all that, I heard there was yet another gigantic load of pork barrel spending added to whatever they all ended up agreeing on, which was basically nothing other than procrastination. So who won this glorious, thrilling, block buster, exciting, TV rate-boosting, extravagant conflagration? Not us tax payers, that's for sure! I think I'd better find some good hiding places for my squeaky toys so the government doesn't confiscate them to pay for all their expensive plans. I saw a little birdie called a nuthatch in our back yard today. He was taking seeds from the bird feeder and stuffing them, one at a time, into the cracks of the tree bark. Brilliant! And that's a memo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2yDVYj7czQ

No comments:

Post a Comment