Thursday, July 20, 2017

Dirty Dog Thursday

Hello everyone. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your diligent doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


There was yet another big thunderstorm today with lots of rain. So I hung out with Dad in the garage/workshop for a while. He was replacing the piece of wallboard that I helped remove a few weeks ago when a stinky chipmunk got stuck behind there. 


If you wish to check out the episode about the stinky chipmunk, please go here:


But don't forget to come back, because I had a lot more fun today to tell you about! 


I like poking around in the garage. There's always something to find in there. Once I found a mummified dead birdie in a corner behind a whole bunch of shovels. Sometimes I find my old missing tennis balls too, or mousie footprints. 


Hey! Check this out! Remember my old employee Mr. Bones Daily? He wasn't much help as a reporter, so I gave him the assignment to keep guard over Dad's workshop. I found him asleep on the job on top of a bunch of boxes and empty pop bottles. Well, I'm not too surprised. He always was a bit of a lazy bones*. 


Fortunately, the storm passed and I got to go outside. There was an angry Mama robin sitting in tree giving me the stink eye, and that low, monotone chirp, chirp, chirp they do when danger is around. Here's why she was so concerned:


See that baby robin sitting on the fence? The Mama bird was worried because it wasn't flying away. 


So I ran up to it to see if I could help. That baby robin popped straight up into the air learned to fly really really fast!


For my help and free flying lesson, the Mama robin dived bombed and screamed at me all the way across the yard! As they say, no good deed goes unpunished!

Silly bird!

It's a bit early for Flower Friday. But ghostwriter is going to visit Oma tomorrow, so might not have time to write then. Surprisingly, the heavy rain didn't destroy everything. 

Phlox and baby's breath.

Liatra.

Hydrangea.

There's a bumper crop of Japanese beetles devouring the roses. Ghostwriter picked twelve of them off this one flower and smashed them on a rock. The little ants will have a feast tonight!


Later in the afternoon, I caught the scent of something in the mud under the hostas.


So I started a serious investigation. 


I hardly ever do any digging. But I was able to create quite a significant hole by the time my humans tried to stop me.


In the process I got good and muddy!


My humans got out my little summer swimming pool, put some water in it, and then tossed me in to rinse off. As I've said before, I really don't mind getting a bath. But then they wouldn't let me outside again without a leash for the rest of the afternoon. So I guess my archeological/forensics dig will have to wait. 


It's a good thing that I'm a very patient doggie.


The excavation will resume tomorrow!



*If you'd like to read my adventures with Bones Daily, please click on these links:

Interview With Bones Daily

No Bones About It

Skeleton Crew


11 comments:

  1. Boy Chester, you have been very helpful today! Helpin' your Pops, the baby burdie, and your peeps with the gardening! I thinks that bone is well deserved! If you needs help with the dig, just lets me know...I gots talons of steel that are just itchin' for some diggin'!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are one busy pup Chester. Those sure are pretty flowers in your yard too. We are very tired of all the rain this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a full day's work, Chester! You live in a wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No good deed goes unpunished, BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crikey Chester ..... You sure lead a busy life, aye?? You gave that little birdie a flying lesson and his Momma yelled at you?? That's gratitude for you I don't think. Those Japanese beetles made a big mess of the roses, aye?? Nasty looking critters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mama robin should be thanking you instead of telling you off, Chester. You did her a huge favor! We haven't seen any phlox along our walks yet. Mom always loved the fragrance☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our parent Robins got a little protective at first too. But the last little bird was so reluctant to fly they seemed to give up on it.
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you and Mabel both taught baby birdies how to fly! Yous should open up a school or something! Ah, sweet mud. We love a post with a sweet ending!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Chester...boy did I miss your humor while I was away last week.
    This line cracked us up, "He was replacing the piece of wallboard that I helped remove a few weeks ago when a stinky chipmunk got stuck behind there"! You are so much help...I think your services require a raise too.
    Lots of hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Lazy Bones" cracked me up! You would think that Mama bird would appreciate your help. Hmmpf! Pierre is my digger and he loves to landscape as he digs for moles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you sure can do digging holes justice! I dig too, but not at all like I used to do..but I don't think petcretary minds that aspect of my life:)

    What a busy day in the life of Chester!

    ReplyDelete