Sunday, June 24, 2018

Running Behind

Greetings loyal readers! This is The Daily Bone and I'm your faithful doggie reporter
Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


My ghostwriter has been working hard all week. Saturday she slept until 10am to catch up on her sleep. Her back hurts and her knees hurt. I don't know if I should be worried or not. 

We missed posting on the first day of summer, and Flower Friday. But here are a few pictures.

Another amazing sunset.

The moon behind the lilac bush.

A tiny, little moth the size of a fingertip.

I spent much of the last few days watching the news with Dad. 

(The humans are crazy … )

Somebody has been eating the hosta leaves.  We haven't caught the culprit yet. Slugs usually eat holes in the middle of the leaf. We think it's the work of some kind of caterpillar.


The daisies are blooming.


Here's the first tiger lily.


The garden Buddha is surrounded by greenery.


I found a ball of bunny fur in my back yard. No sign of the bunny, though. I wonder if our local Cooper's hawk caught it! I haven't seen Mr. C. B. (Cool Beans) Cooper in a while, but I'm sure he's around somewhere. I sure wish he'd catch some squirrels! 


Oh, and as you can see, I got a new chewy bone! Yum!


Meanwhile, at the nursing home, ghostwriter has been watching for chipmunks. She says they scamper all around the little garden and snarf up birdie seeds. Here's one:


A couple days ago, ghostwriter spotted two little twin baby deer eating grass by the back door.


I've sniffed a stinky chipmunk making tracks through my yard lately. Last night I found a mousie. I didn't catch it, though. But I've never seen any deer!


Ryan and Lily came to visit today.


I ran around in the back yard with Ryan, and we found some bugs, and filled the birdie feeders, and checked out the wood pile, and the flowers, and ran and barked and ran some more.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz …

15 comments:

  1. Whatever is eating the hosta leaves at least has a creative bit - looks like a bit of a pattern around the edges:)

    Ryan and Lily are both so cute. Bet they make Ghostwriter smile.

    Chester, your bone looks really good.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daisies are very pretty. Hope the Ghostwriter can get some rest
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have lots of bunnies in our yard here but unfortunately, I'm on a leash now and can't get to them. Bummer. The caterpillar is putting a lace edge on your hosta leaf, Chester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chester. You have been busier than a barrel of monkeys.
    We love all your flowers. Sorry the Hosta is getting eaten.
    Mom worked in the nursing home all weekend too and
    she is going to nap all day today. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    xo Astro

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure is an interesting pattern the hosta eating bug is making on the edge of the leaf. That moth sure is pretty too. You have lots of beautiful flowers in your yard. We bet you and Ryan had a blast together. We wish we had a little person to play with sometimes but our dad makes a decent substitute sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMCs whomever is chewing your Hosta leaves is quite an artistic chewer.
    Love the moon shot!!
    Ryan and Lily are precious. I know you love when they visit.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chester, your mom is so lucky to spot cute twin baby dear. Oh... we love your little human sibs. They are super cute, too!

    Momo & Pinot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life is one long adventure at your house, Chester!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually love those caterpillar-chewed leaves. They look fancy! Running around doing chores with kids sounds like a blast. Tiring, but a blast nonetheless...

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your mom feels better soon, Chester.💐 Looks like you been keeping busy, Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Hurray for chewy bone! Hurray for little people! (Did they play with you? Did they drop any FOOD? 'Cause that's the best part about little people!) Regarding your bunny fur, I would say it was ME because I caught THREE bunnies this week! But I eat them all, including all the fur. So it wasn't me in your yard leaving bunny fur, friend. It also wasn't me leaving those funny holes on the leaf. Maybe you should go with your person to Nursing Home? I bet you could catch those chipmunks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the pictures, the pretty moth, the beautiful flowers, and the lovely kids

    ReplyDelete
  13. The caterpillar is making your leaves scalloped! All of your flowers are beautiful. I'm glad that you got to play with the little humans!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Something is trying to make your hosta leaves look all decorated!

    You sure derserve a nap, after all that activity with Ryan! Lily is growing! Sweet smile:)

    ReplyDelete