Sunday, September 7, 2014

Dirty Politics Part 3

Hello. Thanks for joining us today on The Daily Bone. I am your trusty doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel, chairman of the Squeaky Party, along with my esteemed colleague and campaign manager Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel.


Joey said that the next thing I’d have to do to run for president of the USA is to raise lots of money. Indeed, it takes a large amount of money to travel from town to town, and hire big convention centers and stadiums and auditoriums to make speeches at, and print signs and make TV ads and trash my opponents. I checked my squeaky toy storage facility, and yes, I think I have enough squeaky toys to pay for a massive multi media promotion and tour of our great country. 



Here’s a new toy I just got! You see? I’m great at fund raising. 


My ghostwriter also has a huge stash of squeaky toys that I am not allowed to touch. I took one off the shelf once when I was a puppy, and got yelled at. But I would think she might be persuaded to contribute a few to my worthy presidential campaign. 


Perhaps my favorite miniature human, Ryan, would contribute some of his vast array of high tech squeaky toys to my campaign. Here he is getting ready to drive around in his intergalactic sports car. It takes some shrewd financial investment management to be able to afford one of these! I think I can even convince him to be my campaign financial manager. 


So do you think I should tell him that squeaky toys are not considered legal monetary tender in this country? 

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you're about all set to get your campaign on the go!
    Now about that vehicle...have ya got the right chauffeur? My 2 legged cousin used to drive the campaign bus fur candidates in Ontario. Cool eh?!
    He still works with buses, but they are those big yellow ones that take kidlets to schools. Maybe he might wanna job change...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bus would be good for carrying around my squeaky toys! Great idea!

      Delete
  2. Really, squeaky toys aren't legal tender !?! Are you sure ?
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joey dog here: yes, I'm sure, but don't tell Chester that.

      Delete
  3. Whut yu need to do is get ahold of yur mom's plastic money card. Yu can get whut yu need then!
    But those dolls! They might be wurth sum money. Mommy sold her ancient Barbie, Midge an Skipper an their clothes on ebay. Sold fur over $350. It wuz a biddin frenzy! The peepoles were basically biddin on the Barbie an one green dress.

    Peepoles are so weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those dolls are Fashion Royalty by Integrity. Mom's been buying and collecting them your many years, and they're quite valuable. That's why I'm not allowed to chew them up like proper squeaky toys. Sometimes she even goes to their annual convention. That is weird, isn't it? Maybe there's a squeaky toy convention for doggies somewhere.

      Delete
  4. LOL squeaky toys may not be legal tender but bet you a squirrel skin is. Have a serene and easy Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would make me a rich doggie indeed! One of these days I'm going to catch one of those evil squirrels! Mom saw one of them stealing seeds from the bird feeders by the windows of the nursing home. Sometimes the deer do that too!

      Delete
  5. Chester all you TRULY need is a FLEASA Card... it is recognized the World Over... and you just hand it over. No money needed. We use OUR FLEASA Card fur EVERYTHINGY and it works Grrrrrreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fleasa card? I'll have to look into that. thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  6. Ya must be serious, I'd never give up my toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but it's a good investment: liberty and squeaky toys for all.

      Delete