Thursday, September 18, 2014

Diligent Detective or Ditzy Dum-dum?

Hello. This is The Daily Bone and I’m Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel reporting from inside the garage. 


There was an evil squirrel in our back yard. We went outside to chase it. It ran up the tree and exited the premises. Case closed.


However, my exuberant associate Chester L. W. Spaniel insisted on investigating the entire yard, which I, as senior officer of the Double Doggie Homeland Security System, deemed supererogatory and totally unnecessary. 

Suddenly it got dark …


… and then it started to rain … hard!


Still, my tenacious co-worker insisted on checking every single lead of this extremely minor case of trespassing. 


I continued to watch from the shelter of the garage as he ran around to every corner, crawled under every bush, and trampled over every flowerbed. 


"Chester, the squirrel is gone!"


"I really think you should come inside."


"But I smell his foot prints. Squirrels have a 99% rate of recidivism when it comes to trespassing!"


“But it’s raining out, and the squirrel is long gone! Stop being a dingle-dork and report back to the garage! That’s an order!”

"It's just a little rain. I don't care if I get wet! Justice must prevail!" 

"See ya!"

"Harumph!"


8 comments:

  1. Chester... on Our hill ... we call that the Triumph of HOPE over Experience. Just Sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think dat skwerril saw you two and hit da road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see no squirrel will get away with trespassing on your patch, great work boys
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Chester sure is persistant!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think the garage is probably the best place there. We too had a massive thunder storm last night and more today. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh I'm not an all weather dog, I hate the rain (but love the snow) and will not even do my parameter patrols when it's wet out, if there is a cat or a squirrel I will bark and BARK but will never step foot outside, in the dry conditions however I am running around chasing everything, birds, butterflies, spiders, you name it and I am running after it, nobody gets in my garden.... unless it's raining! BOL!
    Love and Licks from your furiend Frank XxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Ginger was like that. She even hated it when there was dew on the grass! Silly girl!! We miss her a lot.

      Delete
  7. Well, ya gotta hand...um paw it to him...he is diligent!

    I would have gone in with you at the furst drip...

    ReplyDelete