Sunday, September 26, 2021

Look Up, Look Down, Look Around

 Greetings everyone! This is The Daily Bone and I'm your assiduous doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. 

I know it's been a while since I last posted a report. But my ghostwriter has been working a lot. On her off time, she's been digging in the garden. But we did take a little time to look for incredible and amazing things in our yard. 

Sometimes you have to look very carefully to find something. Do you see the little walking stick bug in this photo? 

We carefully caught this bug and took it into the house for a photo session, and then let it go again.


We had some rainy days in the past week. 


It was perfect for mushrooms! 



Here's a bumblebee on a flower:


Looking up at the sky, we saw some amazing sights too!



 






In other news, there's been a pesky little chipmunk stealing seeds the birdies drop from the feeders. I especially dislike chipmunks. They go sneaking through the garden, leaving their stinky footprints which I feel compelled to follow. I always get in trouble when I go stomping through the garden! Now take a look at this little varmint: 

He thinks he's so clever to have gotten up onto the birdie feeder! I chased him away pretty quick! He'd better watch out, though. Mr. Cool Beans Cooper, our neighborhood Cooper's hawk has been very busy too. We've been finding piles of feathers on the lawn. I'm sure C. B. wouldn't turn his beak up to some chipmunk for dinner!


One little birdie got so startled by Mr. C. B. Cooper that she smacked up against the window and left some feathers behind!


We think she was all right, though.


Well, that's all for now. It's nap time! 

Here's a link to one of my favorite chipmunk related posts: 

stinky-chipmunk

And here's a link to more information about Cooper's hawks: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48CXL1hxls


10 comments:

  1. We had one of those in our yard and then we figured out it was just Pocket visiting

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love all of your nature, especially that gorgeous sunrise! We have lots of chippers here too, Chester. Mom says it's a good thing they're cute cause they sure can be a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found lots of cool things in your yard, Chester. We especially like that walking stick bug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots to see up, down, and around your yard, C. That chipmunk has a LOT of nerve. On the birdfeeder, in the garden, he's all over the place! Stay alert.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chester,
    I do see the walking stick. Congrats to GW for being able to get a photo session inside. The nurse in her was able to carefully cradle him.
    Somebuddy's been digging in our periwinkle patch...I suspect it was Chippie.
    I know every critter has to eat. The hawks around here make so much noise when they are on the prowl. I am always surprised every little critter doesn't hide.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully Seaboard Cafe has a wonderful out of doors patio for dining.
    We haven't eaten inside anywhere since our anniversary February 2020.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots to woof about at your den, Chester! We've done our share of digging out the mole trails here, LOL!

    Walking sticks are pretty cool insects! We see those here too, once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always learn a lot from you and GW, Chester!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi friend, Ojo here! I do not look very well with my eyes. Unless there is a squirrel. I am much better at looking with my nose. Do you prefer looking with your eyes or with your nose? Also we hope your window-bird was okay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a lot of birdies coming to my new garden, but I still have to find out who they are. I also have a lot of slugs, so I hope to invite a hedgehog soon.

    Good luck with the chipmunk chasing!
    Klem

    ReplyDelete