Friday, April 16, 2021

Spring Flowers and Criminal Activity

 Hello. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your dedicated doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


The flowers around my house are really starting to bloom! There are grape hyacinths everywhere!

















Wait a minute …


Say what?????


You've GOT to be kidding me!


Well, that's sad!







Ladies and gentlemen, doggies and kitties, we interrupt your regularly scheduled flowers and spring stuff program for this fast-breaking news story.


We will now take you on location to investigate a heinous crime! Somebody or something has gotten into the yew bushes in the front yard and destroyed Patricia Dove's nest and her two eggs!


As you can see, the nest is a wreck! 


Even though the front yard is out of my regular jurisdiction, I was brought there because of my extraordinary sense of smell. And I'm giving it my best sniff!


I discovered some broken egg shells.


In my professional doggie opinion this crime was committed by the Evil Squirrel Cartel! 
My ghostwriter concurs for this reason: she's seen a particular squirrel going into bushes all over the neighborhood while angry birdies screech and dive bomb him.  


This was the work of none other than Einstein Dingaling! 

Nyah! You got nothin' on me, dog face!


Harumph! What a rude little brat!



We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, now in progress. 
A beautiful spring sunset!






I'll be on the look out for that dastardly varmint. 




12 comments:

  1. Wow, it's all happening in your neck of the woods Chester. What a shame about Patricia Dove's nest and eggs. Shame on that dastardly varmint.
    But your sunset and your grape hyacinths are beautiful.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharing your "wink and a smile" so sweetly there at the end ... t'was a sad reporting for Mrs Dove, we hope she can rebuild and renew her nesting for this year (finding love again with Mr Dove perhaps?) and
    you can keep the ESC at bay, we know you are up to the task. Meanwhile enjoy those beautiful flowers and glorious sunsets ... happy weekend Chester, oh and same to your GW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bol bol Chester I cracked up at the two photos of you when saying you have got to be kidding me. OH GW did a fine job of translate your very thoughts. Poor Patricia Dove...I know she worked very hard on her nest and incubating her eggs. Give me the word, I'll round up a posse lickety split to banish the evil tree rats. Oh and your blooms are gorgeous
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. RIP little Dove eggs. Stoopid squirrel! Your grape hyacinths and sunsets are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too bad about the Dove nest. We hope they can rebuild and succeed a second time. You sure get to see some beautiful sunsets at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD...That really is one evil squirrel...poor Patricia!!!

    On a happier note, your grape hyacinths are soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yard is beautiful except it needs a few squirrel traps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific looking yard! And that look on your face says it all! Evil Squirrel Attacks Dove Nest! We do hope that Patricia recovers! We hope you all have a marvellously happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Argghh:(
    That squirrel was naughty to say the least.
    That happened here one year with a bluejay's nest.

    Maybe Patricia Dove will resume her nesting skills in a safer location. Poor birdie, she worked so hard to make her nest and then to have her progeny murdered:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad for the eggs. I guess even the most determined and toughest dive bombing birdies can't overpower an evil, hungry squirrel. Blerg.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, so sorry for that poor family. I hope they will make a new nest somewhere where they are not pestered by that squirrel.

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing all the pretty hyacinths, flowers are the best part of spring! But I really don't like seeing how the Evil Squirrel Cartel demolished that nest - but honestly, Patricia Dove and her relatives do a terrible job building nests, it's a wonder anyone ever grows up and leaves. But all that aside, I hope she finds a new safer place to start over again where the crime rate isn't so high. ❤❤

    ReplyDelete