Monday, February 27, 2017

Odds And Ends

Greetings loyal readers. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel.


Since coming home from Florida, ghostwriter has come down with a really bad cold. She has bronchitis and laryngitis too. Her voice sounds like a squeaky toy! 


She managed to get through work this weekend. But she had to call in sick today because she had a fever. (She usually hates to call in sick!)


She says she probably picked up a bug in Florida somewhere. The big changes in the local weather could have something to do with it too. 


One day it was warm, and the yard was like a squishy, soaked sponge! My outside time has been limited to basic business only, since Dad and ghostwriter didn't want me to track mud into the house.


Sunday morning we awoke to a dusting of snow. Within a few hours, it was almost all melted. 


I pretty much had to entertain myself lately. Here I'm watching all the birdies.


I noticed the irises are putting up some leaves.


The daffodils and grape hyacinths are coming up. 


I did some good food watching the other day. Dad and ghostwriter ordered some food from the local Chinese take-out place. Yum! 



I spent some time quietly chewing on an old squeaky toy. 


Oh, and of course, I got in some quality sleep time! 


Good night! 



17 comments:

  1. Here's hopin' Ghostriter gets all better real fast!
    Yu keep busy takin' care o' stuff 'round yur place. I shur hope yu get sum barkin' in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Ghostwriter - Mom says she probably caught it on the plane. Loaded with germs and rarely cleaned properly:( We hope she feels better soon.

    Crazy weather continues here too, cold came back for a few days, and now it is warmer again. More cold coming in along with some rain. We really need a lot of rain, not just some. But Mom says a lot of rain means mud.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that your mom is feeling bad. Hopefully, some rest will put the pep back in her step. We missed winter completely here on the bayou. Our azalea bushes are loaded with flowers and our daffodils are ready to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope the ghostwriter gets feeling better. our weather is cold again and windy with snow showers
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh noes! Nothin' worse than a sick peep!!!! Oh, how they can moan and whine worse than any of us pups!!! Butts, the big advantage...SNOT RAGS! OH YES! The very tasty treat that comes from sick peeps! AND, if you are very lucky, they just through them on a table and don't bother with a trash can! SCORE!
    Butts, I do knows that this can also mean, no walkies and less treat distribution...so I hopes your Moms shakes this FL bug real soon!!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the worst when your voice squeaks worse than a squeaky toy! I so feel for your ghostwriter. Hope she feels better now.

    I want some spring rolls now, perhaps I will go down to the Thai place today and get me some.

    Mara from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure that you are the best medicine fur Ghostwriter.
    Your Furend,
    Louis Dog Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have our mom hungry for Chinese foodables! We hope your mom feels better soon, Chester!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hope ghostwriter can rest and take her meds.
    This flu season is a bad one. My mom was sick
    off and on for a month, and still coughing.
    Now we both want chinese at 5:a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We sure hope your mom feels better soon. Our yard time has been limited due to the muddy mess that is our backyard too. It sure has been a strange February around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes. Hope she feels better soon
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any chance you might be getting a sibling so you aren't alone so much of the time? Now if you were alone with those plates of food that might be worth it BOL!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh No Chester we are so sorry to hear GW is feeling so poorly.
    I'm sending kitty kisses and mom is sending healing hugs
    Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get well soon, Chester's mom!!

    Momo & Pinot xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sorry your mom is sick. I hope she is feeling better. It is nice to see spring popping up

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmmm, Can your dad call in a dinner order for us? Nom Nom
    Get Well Soon, Chester Mama :D
    ♥♥
    Wyatt and Tegan

    ReplyDelete