Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fat Food

This is The Daily Bone and I’m your humble doggie host Chester L. W. Spqni3l, along with my esteemed associate Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel.


Today I heard that a bunch of lawyers want to make a huge lawsuit against the fast food industry for contributing to the problem of obesity in this country. What??? They claimed these fast food places told lies to people about the fact that their food is high calorie, high fat, and high salt. OK, lets throw some doggie logic into that mix. How about blaming the entire fashion industry because high heel shoes with pointy toes cause corns? Joey dog was very intrigued by this, and wondered what was so bad about corn. He said according to the Yum Yum Coalition directory, corn is a delicious summer time treat. I commented that we already had this conversation once with our friend The Lady Galadriel (Lady) and as I recall it didn’t turn out very well for me, so we had better get back to the subject of blaming fast food places for fat humans. Joey dog countered by pointing out that the humans didn’t have to eat that food if they didn’t want to, and that we doggies would have been glad to eat it for them. I replied then, that maybe we should blame the pet industry for my, ahem, weight problem. Joey dog looked at me awry and snickered. Well maybe you just shouldn’t eat so much, he said. I growled but then came up with another analogy: maybe we should blame our humans for putting out such good doggie food that we can eat anytime we want. We thought about that for a few moments, and realized the absurdity of it all. We finally came up with our doggie logic conclusion and here it is. What ever happened to personal responsibility? And that’s a memo.

No comments:

Post a Comment