Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Working is Good

Hi. Good hide-out for an ambush, eh?

 Hello and welcome to The Daily Bone. I’m your humble doggie host, Chester L. W. Spaniel, chairman of the Squeaky Party.

(I am not rotund! I’m robust. I need to be that way so I can fight the forces of evil and chaos.)

Now I’ll get to the main subject. Our country has a debt of over seventeen trillion dollars. I don’t think my doggie brain can even imagine that much of anything, let alone money! However, if you think about that debt as a hole, you begin to feel the danger. Falling down a deep hole is bad for your health. Some people say it’s not important, and it’ll get filled eventually. Why do I not feel very confident about that happening? No matter how hard you try to ignore it, a hole is still a hole, and if you fall into it, you’ll get a boo boo. 

There are no holes at my house. Do you know why? Because we all work! As a matter of fact, I work very hard keeping the house and property safe from invaders like the evil Squirrel Cartel, and those weirdo trick-or-treaters. I am a homeland security expert! Even when I’m sleeping, I’m listening to make sure no one is trying to break into the house. My learned companion, Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel also works hard, barking, chasing squirrels, and picking up any food our humans accidentally drop on the floor, even though he is reaching retirement age. He says he likes to work, and expects to work until he dies. In fact, he is occasionally a bit overzealous when it comes to work that is related to yum yums, like the time he ate all the cauliflower leaves in the compost pile. We don’t talk about that much. Apparently, after that, he had an air about him for a few days that our humans didn’t like very much. But he taught me everything I know about working hard and being a good doggie, although I don’t think I’d ever want to eat that many cauliflower leaves. Whenever I take a walk, I hear other doggies barking all over the neighborhood, proudly doing their work, and receiving yum yums and squeaky toys as pay. It’s a good, honest arrangement. Work is good. Everyone should work. Working pays the bills. Get that? Work hard, get paid, pay bills, save whatever is left for the future. Holes are bad. 

Multi tasking: keeping an ear out for invaders at the door while sleeping.
Mousie patrol. I found a suspicious tunnel here … hmmm.
Guarding the pear tree from evil squirrels.
More detective work. Chipmunks maybe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment