Saturday, May 25, 2019

Beautiful Blooms and Bugs Too

Greetings friends and fans. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your doggie reporter 
Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


We have some more flowers blooming in our yard right now. 










The entire yard smells like flowers now!


This just in: after the sun set, we could hear the tell-tale buzzing of June bugs rising up from the lawn. Wow! I love chasing June bugs around! They're big and bumbly like stink bugs, but without the stink. Here are a couple that ghostwriter caught for me:

Um, hello. We're June bugs.


I hope you all have a great weekend!


13 comments:

  1. Chester darlin' we need to have a garden party in your lovely aromatic garden BUT we must end it before the June bugs start buzzing
    They are absolutely beautiful
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chester, beautiful flowers. We could skip the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, they are. These are the extra big ones that appear at the end of May. There will be smaller ones in a couple weeks. I like the bigger ones the best!

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are so beautiful and your photos are so gorgeous that we can almost smell the incredible scent! Mom needs to bring more lily of the valley inside our house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure have some pretty flowers. We bet those lilac smell divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pretty flowers must smell great! Enjoy spring breeze, Chester!

    Pinot xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your garden is lookin' FABulous Chester!!!! Those are big buggies! We don't gets those here, so I wonder if they are tasty?? BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are gorgeous! Did you know that June bugs are grown grub worms? We used to have a million grubs and a million June bugs. I don't miss either of them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Some of those grubs are Japanese beetles that eat up our flowers in summer. We're always picking those pests off the roses.

      Delete
  9. I had to catch a tiny critter yesterday. It had flewn into my coach by accident and seemed a bit lost. So, I caught it and let it go again outside. I think it was pleased.

    Klem, Mara

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lily of the Valley is all around my home Mr Chester and with the windows open the smell drifts in better than any plug in room deodorizer.
    Wills

    ReplyDelete