Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day

Hi! This is The Daily Bone and I’m your humble doggie host Chester L. W. Spaniel.

Today is Earth Day. So I went outside to take a look at, and appreciate, all of the wonderful earth in my  back yard. I found a lot of it! Here are a few pictures.


This earth has a lot of water soaked into it. It's otherwise known as mud.


Here's some earth from last year's mulch, and lots of debris from the arbor vitae bushes on it. It also has moss growing in some spots and a lilac bush too. Lots of good stuff grows in earth.



This earthy area is where the mousies like to travel to get to the birdie seeds under the window feeder. There's a lavender shrub growing here that I've peed on a lot. By next month it will sprout lots of leaves and purple flowers.

Here’s some lovely earth with plants starting to grow in it.


This is the side of the compost pile. See all the decomposing fruit and vegetable scraps? 


All these sticks will be put through the chipper next summer and made into mulch.


Finally, here is some earth that has been churned up by earthworms.

That concludes my Earth Day presentation. Any questions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment