Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Roasting

Hello everybody. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your simmering doggie reporter 
Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


It's been in the 90s in WNY lately, with no rain! Out here in the back yard, I can hardly keep from squinting in the hot sun. I have to lick my nose to keep it from burning up! 


Hey, ghostwriter, can we wait until later for another photo session? Like, after the sun goes down? 


Besides, since I got my hair cut, you can see those lumpies on my side. (I have several harmless lipomas. The biggest one is visible on my left side.) 


OK. This is my better side. But I still want to do another photo session much later today. Here are a few flower pictures in the meantime: 



My ghostwriter had to work on the 4th of July until 9pm. She got home just in time to see and hear our entire neighborhood thundering with fireworks! It's a good thing I'm not afraid of them, because they were all around!  Someone was sending up some pretty big  ones in the baseball field a couple blocks over. It almost looked like they were right in our yard! Here are a couple snapshots:



In other news, there were two times today when it looked like it would storm. The sky darkened and we heard lots of thunder. But the storms passed us by!


The little dark dot on the lower right side of the picture is a bee.


OK. Here I am in the late afternoon with the sun over on the other side of the house. It's still pretty bright out, but at least I can open my eyes!


For my last story, the pear tree has a lot of pears growing.


Long time readers will remember that my esteemed late colleague, Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel loved picking pears and eating them.


In his honor and memory, the pear tree is officially called Joey's Pear Tree.

Pears. Yum!

19 comments:

  1. Its way too hot around here, too...it was 96 on my car thermometer on Tuesday...and no rain in sight. All the storms bypassed us today, too.

    Those pears need some growing, Chester! Then they'll be yummy!

    Petcretary didn't get out of work till almost 11pm, she's supposed to be done at 10pm...so she missed all the fireworks, even the professional one put on across the street from our house. Pawppy had a front row seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you have your shorter cut with this horrible humidity and heat, Chester! Your flowers are so pretty and your pears look so yummy. We won't get into those stressful fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, hot, hot, hot! But you're looking good friend Chester! And once again your Mom has taken lovely flower-and-sky photos (we know not how she does those beautiful sky shots!!!)
    Take care and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been staying in the AC more than going out in this heat wave. It's good you got your fur cut just in time. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your summer haircut looks pretty cool and refreshing, C. Of course that can't stop the glaring sun, but still. Stay chill, buddy. Maybe sit in the shade of Joey's Pear Tree...

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chester your summer do looks very cool.You are most handsome front, back, left and right!!
    I purrsonally think you should win Pulitzer Prize for your excellent reporting and photography.
    Birds and Blooms mag would love your daisies.
    Hugs to you, GW and Dad. We have 7 really hot days starting today. Mid 90's temps and heat index and humidity
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was looking forward to seeing your new fur cut Chester, looking mighty handsome there sweetie
    I haf discovered just how TASTY pears are...I finks I would be helping myself from The Joey Pear Tree
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's definitely been too HOT lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those lipomas just add character, Chester:) those pears look very tasty - do you like to munch on them too?

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you did not get scared from the fireworks. It is wicked hot here too. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your yard. We hope you get some cool air soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, the boomers don't bother me eithers, butts the BIG ones make me mad and I bark at them ☺.
    Yeah, it's gettin' hot, butts not as hot as your hood I bets! Stay cool my furiend!
    And if you could eats a pear for me, that'll be FABulous!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had fireworks all over too, Hilda was scared to go outside and peed on the kitchen floor.
    those pears look yummy
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to see you're doing so well Chester. And I love the flowers you showed. Flowers are always good.

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwww... Joey's Pear Tree! :). Stay cool Chester! It's been so hot here as well!

    Pinot xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Chester,

    It is nice to see you! And also to see a picture of our dear friend Joey.

    Stay cool, friend!
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Cobi already said hi on this post. Now it is my turn! Hi!!! You are eating pears! Yum! Catcha later!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband would love your pear tree! Don't you feel awesome after your hair cut? Pierre got his cut last week and he looks so much cooler. We are in the triple digits in south Texas. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Chester.... Hope all is well with you. We're huge fan of your bloggy as well as Freya... We've been wondering how she's been doing but hadn't had a chance to visit. Tonight, we learnt a very sad news and tried to leave our thoughts but the Blogger blocked us to do so. If you have a chance, could you please let her family know that we're thinking of her.

    Thanks so much and stay safe!

    Pinot and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinot, we were all so very sad to hear about Freya too. What a sweetie she was! When I get home from work I'll see if I can leave another message on their blog. Maybe Princess Leah might be able to contact them as well.

      Delete